We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disney Waterparks for kids???

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,079 posts
187 reviews
Save Topic
Disney Waterparks for kids???

I have read mixed reviews on younger kids and the waterparks. We will be staying in Disney for 6 nights/7days with our 3 kids; 7, 4, and 2.

We added the waterparks and more option but I have read some people saying that they wouldn't waste the money with younger kids. We were adding it since we were there for a longer amount of time then originally planned. We live in Wisconsin and have Wisconsin Dells within an hour and a half drive so we are at indoor and outdoor waterparks multiple times each year so this wouldn't be something extra special.

Is it a waste of time for our kids? We will be going in September and staying in POFQ. Or should we keep them since we are there for 7 days?

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

pa
Level Contributor
54,002 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Disney Waterparks for kids???

If you have a day or two to go, I highly recomend the Waterparks, not a wasted day for kids

We have spent from Opening to Closing at the Waterparks, it's a great Fun Day for Kids of all ages

It's a nice and more relaxing day inbetween Park visits. If your kids like Waterparks, I say go for it and have the experience

Orlando
Level Contributor
265 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Disney Waterparks for kids???

Disney water parks are great for all ages both TL and BB have a section for small kids like yours.

If you read negative reviews all day it will discourage you so dont... Plan for your family look at the park maps for both parks and see what your family will enjoy not what others think of it.

Adding the water park was a good idea.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
46,611 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Disney Waterparks for kids???

If you are used to going to waterparks with 3 young children then I would go- esp to Typhoon Lagoon. but having said that, if you will only go to one waterpark, and won't be using disneyquest, I think to add the WP and more options is more than buying day tickets so would advise going back to reg tickets. If you think you will go to both, then keep it on.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,079 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Disney Waterparks for kids???

We have been taking our kids to waterparks before each of them were even 1. We have no problems with that, but in a few questions that I posted people told us that we shouldn't do the waterparks with our kids ages. The waterparks we are used to have adult and child rides and then family raft rides that even the babies can go on. Our kids have always gone down the family raft rides and LOVE it.

Just wanted to make sure we weren't wasting money.

Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
3,225 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Disney Waterparks for kids???

My son is 6 and we have Disney water park annual passes,

Not at all a waste of money.

BB has a small kids and a bigger kids area, pretty close to each other. Free life vests for all children at the rental stand, and plenty of slides.

Typhoon is very relaxing, and has a good children's area too but your 7 yr old may be too tall for the little kids rides.

Both are awesome for all ages, but BB probably has the better amenities for kids.

6. Re: Disney Waterparks for kids???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 November 2009, 06:18