We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Child ticket for a "barely three" year old...?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Indianapolis, IN
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Child ticket for a "barely three" year old...?

Ok, at the risk of inciting the wrath of you loyal Disney folks, I am going to try to carefully broach this question. Does Disney question the age of children when you buy tickets into the park? Will the lack of a hard ticket preclude the child from getting a fastpass? My son will turn three the day before we begin our vacation. It pains me immeasurably to pay for a 7 day ticket when he really would have JUST turned three. I realize Disney is not going to ask me to produce a birth certificate; however, will the lack of a ticket for him keep him from enjoying aspects of the park he would otherwise get to experienced with a ticket? Thanks for the advice...flame away!

London, England
Level Contributor
285 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Child ticket for a "barely three" year old...?

Our son was 3 years and 3 months when we took him to disney this year. We told him that in America, the birthdays are different, so he was only 2!! It seemed crazy to pay for a ticket for him when a lot of the attractions are for older kids. There was enough there for him though. I justified it in my own mind because we did buy 2 adult passes and 1 child pass for our 7 year old. Just make sure you carry him into the park (he will look more like a babe in arms then, rather than a toddler).

Also, when you get to the park and pay 2 and a 1/2 dollars for a bottle of Dasani tap water, the guilt you might have felt will no longer be there.

We bought tickets from ticket mania, so we had the tickets when we got there, not sure if anyone checks ages at the ticket booth if you buy at the park.

Florida
Level Contributor
1,553 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Child ticket for a "barely three" year old...?

A hard ticket is required to obtain a fast pass, however if a child is not required a ticket then they require no fast pass.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
1,038 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Child ticket for a "barely three" year old...?

To answer your question, the parks do not require proof of age but rely on the parents for age information. A hard ticket is necessary for the fast pass, however if your child doesn't have one, they can get in on yours.

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
19,889 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Child ticket for a "barely three" year old...?

Not a question of flaming-this is stealing,no matter how you justify it. What are you teaching your child-that it's okay to be dishonest ifyoucan get away with it. Buy the ticket that is required-if you can afford a vacatio,you can afford to be honest and ethical.

Beautiful Long...
Level Contributor
655 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Child ticket for a "barely three" year old...?

kitnguye.....I feel your pain.

Back in June....my daughter was just reaching 40" with shoes off...and I was wondering if she could get on the 40" rides. Boy did I get a flurry of mixed opinions from "Don't risk your daughter's life" to "No problem...we put platform shoes on our daughter so she topped 40 inches".

Same with this question, I'm afraid. Saving over $200 for a ticket where there will be no questions asked (as opposed to sneaking in a 5 year old for free) is pretty tempting....but obviously...you have some guilt or you would not have posted the question.

Most likely...I would opt to save the $200...and only feel funny when initially purchasing the tickets.....after that....the fun and excitement would take over and I wouldn't think about it again the whole trip. But that's me.

Good luck! And enjoy yourselves!!

FIFE scotland
Level Contributor
352 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Child ticket for a "barely three" year old...?

Just put your son on your or your husbands shoulders and enter the parks. Our friends did this 2 years ago with their 3 yr old and no body batted an eye! I am sure this wont be your last visit to disney so they will recoup money form you on another trip!!!! Be brave and flaunt the rules!!!!

Florida
Level Contributor
1,553 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Child ticket for a "barely three" year old...?

kitnguye, I'm the one that put their daughter in the platform shoes that BLUEPOINTNY mentioned so you decide I guess on my morality I would not buy a ticket and as a matter of fact I didn't. My youngest turned 3 last October the remainder of the family had annual passes that were up for renewal in December. For the 2 trips that we took in between her birthday turning 3 and the trip onsite that occurred while it was time to renew she entered without a pass. When we renewed in December I bought her annual pass. S-M

12 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Child ticket for a "barely three" year old...?

Off topic, but also applicable to the baby/toddler debate:

We have a 22 month old, on our last trip to Disney she was 18 months old. When we arrived at the airline (Southwest) they required a birth certificate before she could fly free. We had flown many times previously and had not been asked for this. Needless to say, it was nearly a disaster. Luckily a neighbor was home and was able to enter the house and fax the birth certificate to the airline.

Moral of the story ... Disney may not ask for the birth certificate, but the airline might!

Oh, I wouldn't pay gate admission for a child who had just turned 3 yrs either.

Florida
Level Contributor
1,553 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Child ticket for a "barely three" year old...?

Sin: 7 Morality:1 God Bless America!

malaga spain
Level Contributor
561 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Child ticket for a "barely three" year old...?

we did the same with our daughter, we bought her a child ticket at christmas and shed just turned 10 a few days earlier, i didnt feel guilty, i didnt really save much, we went again this summer and i bought her a adult ticket for disney and universal, now that killed me, as one post said, to pay 2.50$ for a water is disgusting, and the guilt will certainly melt away,

Amber