We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

planning for forthcoming trip

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
491 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
planning for forthcoming trip

I am looking to plan my days to the theme parks out and want to know what you all think. I havent decided which order to do them in I thought you all could help me so Ill give you all the parks we have tickets for and want to go to and hopefully you'll come up with a day by day plan for us: We are a family of 6, 4 adults and two children 12 and 5

Arrive into sanford 27th July we leave the 10th August.

Parks we have tickets for:

magic kingdom

epcot

disney studios

animal kingdom

seaworld

universal studios

islands of adventure

typhoon lagoon

blizzard beach

wet&wild

bush gardens

aquatica?

Please help me plan which parks to visit and on what days

thanks x

pa
Level Contributor
53,924 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: planning for forthcoming trip

I would start with the Disney Parks and check the Park Hours. If staying at a Disney Resort take advantage of the Extra Magic Hours, if staying off site, avoid the Extra Magic Hour days

www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/hours.htm

I would break up the Park Days with Waterpark Days so you can rest and relax abit. I would avoid the Waterparks on the weekends, lots of locals go then so they might be more crowded

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
39,491 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: planning for forthcoming trip

If you are not staying at a Disney resort, make sure to avoid the parks having Extra Magic Hours on any given day.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/earlyentry.htm

Avoid going to Magic Kingdom on any Monday; Tuesday or better still Wednesday is the best days for this park.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
82 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: planning for forthcoming trip

We are going on July 23rd and are staying at POR, just a quick question about the extra hours, are they worth planning your visits around, especially the late ones?

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
39,491 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: planning for forthcoming trip

Yes, the evening EMH days in July are a real blessing because you can visit the parks outside the heat of the day hours.

For instance, on those days when Magic Kingdom is having evening EMH and the "regular park closing" time is 11:00 PM or midnight, you really have the advantage of staying very late when crowds will be at their lowest level.

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
3,626 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: planning for forthcoming trip

Hi this is how we do it...

day 1: Magic Kingdom (to get in the spirit)

2;Hollywood studios in the morning then Epcot in late afternoon,evening.

3:seaworld

4:water park (rest day)

5:universal studios am then Islands of adventure pm

6:animal kingdom

7:shopping day or another waterpark

8:lazy morning and then Epcot again

9:Bush gardens

10:another water park (if your doing all 3)

11:universal & islands of adventure again

12:any of the parks you want to re visit or have another shopping day at prime outlets/florida mall

13:last day we always do onother park in the morning then Magic Kingdom with the fire works in the evening

We dont usually do 3 water parks, and we also add discovery cove in, although we wont do that again, and also we go to downtown disney about 3 times in the evenings for dinner over the holiday.

Give your self a rough guide to work to but your probably change it whilst your there!

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
491 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: planning for forthcoming trip

great thanks for your feed back

7. Re: planning for forthcoming trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2009, 06:33