We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone done Horse Riding at Wilderness Lodge please?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
yorkshire
Level Contributor
313 posts
Save Topic
Anyone done Horse Riding at Wilderness Lodge please?

My daughter would love to do the above, she is 14 years old and I wondered if I would have to go with her. I haven't riden a horse for over 30 years, its a bit scary. Also how long would it be, many thanks

Rockledge, Florida
Level Contributor
904 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone done Horse Riding at Wilderness Lodge please?

My daughter went when she was about 14 years old, and she absolutely loved it. At that time, it was at Fort Wilderness. She really enjoyed herself.

pa
Level Contributor
53,895 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone done Horse Riding at Wilderness Lodge please?

Here is the deal on Horseback riding at

Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground

http://allears.net/acc/faq_fw.htm#horseback

yorkshire
Level Contributor
313 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone done Horse Riding at Wilderness Lodge please?

Thankyou for the replies, we will be booking for October, it sounds just what we are lookign for!

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,027 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone done Horse Riding at Wilderness Lodge please?

Haven't done this, but it is at Fort Wilderness not at Wilderness Lodge. 9 or 10 rings a bell...but will she be OK with going alone? It will be suitable for beginners (and those a little rusty) and a walking pace.

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
19,889 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone done Horse Riding at Wilderness Lodge please?

There is no horseback riding at the WL-there are horses at Fort Wilderness. It is a ride that is oriented to beginners so sort of boring if you have any experience,but it's fun and a nice way to see the scenery.

Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
3,225 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone done Horse Riding at Wilderness Lodge please?

It's expensive and controlled imo, but a great experience... however!~

if you'd prefer something non disney (less controlled, longer rides, a little more freedom) for less cost then try Horse World on Poinciana Blvd.

yorkshire
Level Contributor
313 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone done Horse Riding at Wilderness Lodge please?

Sorry I get Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness mixed up. My daughter has not done much horse riding as she has lots of interests. The last occasion she was on a horse was many years ago when there was an auction evening at her school. It was a brilliant idea and I bid for the Horse riding. My hubby took her to the farm and he knew the lady who took them round. They were so engaged in conversation that they didn't realise that my daughter had slipped round with the saddle and was almost under the horse! So she is a beginner and is determined that I will be going with her this time.

8. Re: Anyone done Horse Riding at Wilderness Lodge please?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 December 2009, 06:19