We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thanksgiving At Disney Parks

Warwick, NY
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Thanksgiving At Disney Parks

I am thinking of traveling to the Orlando are this Thanksgiving for a weeks vacation. Am I nuts, will it be packed? I have heard it's a great time to go, and I have heard it's the worst time to go. I'd also like to rent a villa w/ pool, spa etc, not too far away but there are sooooo many neighborhoods. Can you tell me where an upper scale area within 8-10 miles from the parks might be. Not fancy schamncy but safe for the kids and not retirees that my kids would aggravate! Thanks again !!

Alabama
Level Contributor
703 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thanksgiving At Disney Parks

My extended family went one Thanksgiving week and we loved it. I will say, we had no children with us, so lines did not bother us too much. The weather was great and the Christmas decorations were beautiful. We took the Thursday of Thanksgiving off and had our own (scaled back) feast in the condo. At the time I remember saying that I did not mind the long lines since it was not so sweltering hot. Now that I have a couple of kids, those long lines may not be so great. I'm looking into the Windsor Hills neighborhood for my Fall vacation. They have condos, townhomes, and houses. Very kid-friendly, from what I've seen, but new, nice and very close to Disney.

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
21,298 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thanksgiving At Disney Parks

It is very crowded the few days before and after Thansgiving-the crowds abate some on the Monday after the holiday weekend. Its a great time to go because all the decorations are up inluding the Osborne Lights,a favorite of ours. We go every year at Thanksgiving and just try to work around the crowds-we arrive early,leave for several hours midday and then come back. Check out Marriott Grande Vista and Windsor Hills.

North Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
945 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thanksgiving At Disney Parks

If you can swing it so that it is the back end of Thanksgiving, it is much less crowded. The week leading up and of is super crowded.

London
Level Contributor
1,403 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thanksgiving At Disney Parks

We've just booked to fly out on the 25th Nov for 10 days - can't wait! staying at the Sheraton Vistana resort again.

Parks are packed but we will avoid them until the following week although the buzz is great! Osbourne family lights and the very merry Xmas party are worth seeing too.

Hopefully the weather will be nice so we can be poolside for the day, have a nice meal in the evening and conserve our energy for black friday - wooo!! Christmas shopping here we come!

5. Re: Thanksgiving At Disney Parks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 December 2009, 05:17