We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cancellation policy?

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Topic
Cancellation policy?

We were on our way to the airport for our 8 day trip at Disnet & the Poly and had to divert to the local ER as my wife had what appears to be an appendicitis. Our travel agent is working on cancelling as much as possible but she told me Disney can be either great or difficult about it. Does anyone know what the rules are? I know we had a castle dinner planned for the next day but I don't know if they will make acceptions due to a medical emergency.

We have a 7 year old princess who is just crushed & worried about mom - I hope Disney will refund us and give us a chance to reschedule in the future. We are all pretty down right now.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,083 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cancellation policy?

Did you have any travel insurance?

I know we bought Disney's insurance for $133 for our family.

Hope all goes well with your wife. I had an appendicitis when I was pregnant with our first child. It's no fun!

surrey
Level Contributor
273 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cancellation policy?

What teribly bad luck,firstly i hope your wife is ok & it's nothing too serious,secondly i would hope that Disney are sympathetic in your case as you have a genuine & unforseen reason for not making your booking.From experience Disney are very good when dealing with there guests & have found them to be very customer focused & as accommodating as possible with any requests i have ade in the past,have you checked any travel insurance you might have as this should cover your predicament?(Hope your wife recovers quickly & you & your family get to have your Disney vacation soon,regards.)

3. Re: Cancellation policy?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 23 June 2009, 14:35
Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,971 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cancellation policy?

For a cancellation made 5 days or less prior to guest arrival, there is a fee of $200.00 per package. Now I am not sure if you had your flight with Disney or seperate, I am not sure on the flight fees.

If you do not have travel insurance, it is only slightly higher then the travel insurance.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Cancellation policy?

Thank you all for your responses. I booked the trip and always get travel insurance BUT as we quickly changed the bookings to take advantage of specials - I let it fall through the cracks, (I thought it was on there but ultimately my fault).

Regarding proof - she is still in the hospital. Jet Blue has allowed us to get a credit for one year and they actually called the hospital to check on the situation and OK it after they got an update on her situation.

I am just hopeful that Disney will work with us. We did not want to cancel and we are all disapointed especially our 7 year old who should be dining w/ her princess friends.

Brazil
Destination Expert
for Sao Paulo
Level Contributor
7,952 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cancellation policy?

Pshark,

Hope your wife get better soon and all of you can enjoy Disney asap!

pa
Level Contributor
54,310 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Cancellation policy?

Wishing your Wife Well and sending some Pixie Dust for your Princess.

Did you have a Package Deal or a room only Reseervation with Disney ?

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Cancellation policy?

Hi Partypal,

We had a package w/ room at the Poly, park hopper and meal plan. We also had character meals set up each day through our meal plan.

Denmark
Level Contributor
12,304 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cancellation policy?

Hi Pshark

Check Your home incurance -as I understand it You have never left Boston ?

Sometimes it could be cover by that.

Mutter

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,971 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cancellation policy?

The most it could be is a 200.00 fee then, which is not much more then the insurance would of been. I am sure if you explain Disney might waive the 200.00 fee.

I hope this works out for all of you.