We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Text or recorded message that your Disney room is ready

Connecticut
Level Contributor
10,053 posts
103 reviews
Save Topic
Text or recorded message that your Disney room is ready

Disney will now text you or you will receive a recorded message on your cell phone when your room is ready if you request it. Below are the details.

wdwinfo.com/news/Travel_News/Disney_introduc…

This is good for me, since they just bumped my flight up 20 minutes early. I am not sure if our room will be ready so early.

World of Disney
Disney Parks & Activities, Gift & Speciality Shops
Disney's Animal Kingdom
Nature & Wildlife Areas, Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Epcot
Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
Disney Parks & Activities, Gift & Speciality Shops
Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,092 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Text or recorded message that your Disney room is ready

This would be great, but I don't think we will need it. We are scheduled to land at 11:30 but that is in Fort Myers. We leave at 5:30 AM so I hope we don't get bumped any earlier!

Connecticut
Level Contributor
10,053 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Text or recorded message that your Disney room is ready

5:30 is early, I would cry if they bump you earlier. I have yet to tell my mother. She rarely gets up early and now we leave 20 minutes earlier.

Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
339 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Text or recorded message that your Disney room is ready

That's great to know! That'll come in handy since we'll probably be arriving at our resort at about 9AM! Thanks for the link :)

midwest
Level Contributor
2,736 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Text or recorded message that your Disney room is ready

Last summer, our room wasn't ready for quite some time. We arrived early around 11:00. The kids swam a bit - as I'd packed pool stuff & anything we'd need right away in a carry on.

Finally, we stored that bag & went to Magic Kingdom. When we returned late after fireworks, we used the house phone to call a number they gave us earlier(along with our keys) and was told what room to go to.

When we walked in, our bags were there waiting.

It would have saved us a little time if they'd offered the cell service, but we walked right by the house phone from the bus stop anyway.

5. Re: Text or recorded message that your Disney room is ready

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 December 2009, 07:16