We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bringing food/drinks into the park....

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
York
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Bringing food/drinks into the park....

What is the policy on this...just starting to plan a trip thanksgiving time, and haven't been in 8 years since my baby was a baby! I am toying with renting a condo, if we can eat breakfast there and bring some lunch stuff (4 boys and me- teenagers that eat a lot!)

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
14,996 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Bringing food/drinks into the park....

We've been bringing a small soft-sided cooler with drinks, snacks and sandwiches into the Disney parks for 20 years and never had a single problem. You can't bring in glass containers except, I believe, for baby food.

I don't know the policy for the other parks. Hopefully someone will chime in!

Jennifer

buc
upper sandusky, ohio
Level Contributor
982 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bringing food/drinks into the park....

Just back from Disney and we took water in everyday. Two or more bottles each. You just go to security and they look in your bag. I don't think there is any problem with snacks either.

uk
Level Contributor
395 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bringing food/drinks into the park....

We took drinks and snacks into all disney parks no problems, not sure what their policy would be on cutlery if you took in a salad for example

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
306 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bringing food/drinks into the park....

I think I read somewhere that coolers are OK as long as they are not rolling coolers.

York
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Bringing food/drinks into the park....

Thanks so much- this helps a lot w/my budget- since I think we spent $100+ at 6 Flags last summer in one day on drinks since you cannot bring food or drinks into the park.l rip off.\

So, very general question, but condo/villa/suites in the area that have multiple pools which my kids will enjoy- don't want the places that are for the real young kids. And I'm also deciding whether to rent a car.....cost to park at the parks?

Roselle Park, New...
Level Contributor
2,354 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bringing food/drinks into the park....

where do you put these coolers while in the park. I am guessing you would need a stroller to carry these?

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
14,996 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Bringing food/drinks into the park....

When we had a stroller we used that. Later we bought a backpack type cooler. Our first one was square and kind of cumbersome but the one we have now works just like a regular backpack. I would put a frozen water bottle in it if we had things like sandwiches. Our kids are grown now and we don't have to carry in nearly as much as we did back in the day. If it's just hubby and me we don't stay at the parks all day and will usually just bring in water and maybe a small snack.

Jennifer

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
3,398 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bringing food/drinks into the park....

The official Disney policy is that you can bring your own food into the parks. I usually bring a few drinks in a soft sided cooler, a dozen sandwiches or so, and some blueberries (usually two full containers) for a party of about nine. Usually by having a big breakfast at the condo, eating sandwiches/fruit on the run, etc. our food purchases at Disney are usually drinks, just one meal around 4 p.m. or so, and a Mickey Mouse bar for everyone later in the evening. Then after leaving at the end of the day, we'll big up some burgers on Wendy's dollar menu and eat these with salad, fruit, and beverages we bought previously at the grocery store back at our condo. Sea World has a more restrictive policy on food (They just allow snacks). For here, I'll just bring some cheese crackers and peanut butter crackers. We spend more on food here, but with the buy one a one day ticket and go for another day for free, Sea World, is a good value plus we love the park. Depending on how much your teens eat, if you go to Universal you may want to take a look at the special food deal that they have.

York
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Bringing food/drinks into the park....

So do you think Sea World is worth it? My boys are ages 10,13,14,17

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
19,644 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bringing food/drinks into the park....

Disney policy is that outside food and beverages are not permitted in the parks. In the real world,they will not have a problem at Security with bottles of water or a modest amount of snacks-you can't bring in a picnic. But we prefer our kids don't eat what Disney considers a snack so we bring in healthier alternatives.