We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

talking bins??

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
uk
Level Contributor
344 posts
1 review
Save Topic
talking bins??

Was watching you tube vids for disney and came across a talking bin that moves!!

My son would love that, do they operate in all the parks?

pa
Level Contributor
53,725 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: talking bins??

Easiest to find is in Tomorrowland at Magic Kingdom and at Rafaki's Planet Watch at Animal Kingdom. The Kids do get quite a kick out of seeing and hearing them :)

sunderland, uk
Level Contributor
1,018 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: talking bins??

I can remember these and also a talking fountain that spat at a little boy. He was soaked and I have to say I have not laughed so much. This kid was being really cheeky and this talking fountain was egging him on to come closer and closer till he got too close. This kid went running off with this fountain shouting "bet you dare not bring your daddy with you next time". Dad did come over and he got soaked next.

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
16,792 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: talking bins??

Never seen the trash cans myself I don't think.

I believe the fountain being referred to is the one at Islands of Adventure at Universal.

uk
Level Contributor
344 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: talking bins??

never mind the kids i will love to see that fountain,lol

i hope we see them just for the novelty factor

sunderland, uk
Level Contributor
1,018 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: talking bins??

I think it was in universal, just can't remember if it was IOA or studios. Well worth seeing it for the laugh factor.

Benidorm, Spain
Destination Expert
for Benidorm
Level Contributor
4,972 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: talking bins??

I saw one in Epcot, in between the large fountain that soaks everyone when it's windy, and Test Track (sorry, don't know my geography of Epcot).

It is great to watch, and it moves around like R2D2.

New York
Level Contributor
5,520 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: talking bins??

Those bins are amazing. Saw one in front of Animal Kingdom and my son was amazed when the bin told him what he was wearing.

He got a kick out of that.

Denmark
Level Contributor
12,304 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: talking bins??

I thought You talked about something else, didn´t know this existed I have to look around in September to see them.

Mutter

Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,830 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: talking bins??

I have first hand experience with the talking trash bin over in Tomorrowland. We had gone on my birthday and thanks to my sister, I was given a pin that said - you guessed it - Happy Birthday.

I was watching my nephews who were looking to see what a few other children were looking at. Lo and behold - the trash bin. Next thing I know I hear my name called twice, I look around and see this trash bin approaching, and get a chorus of Happy Birthday. I then thanked the trash bin for his song and kind regards. I hope that was the proper etiquette!

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
143 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: talking bins??

The fountain that has been referred to in other posts is called 'The Mystic Fountain; and is in the area of the 'Lost Continent' in IOA.

It is so funny as the kids just adore it. We were watching it from the sidelines and it spat out at me for now clapping my hands like the kids were doing!

You gotta take your kid along-however they normally only do about 2 shows a day so you will need to plan your day.

Have fun!

Carrie