We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what to fast pass in MK

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
aberdeen
Level Contributor
680 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
what to fast pass in MK

Our first day full day in florida is going to be 4th july,next friday,and have promised the kids we will do MK first. they are desperate to do winnie the pooh and i think splash mountain as i dont think it will be too scary!! what should i fast pass first? anyother must do recomendations for a 5 and 8 yr old?

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
39,428 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: what to fast pass in MK

IMO, the first rides you should do are the ones in Fantasyland that "stop and start" frequently, like Dumbo, the teacups, Snow White, and the carousel, all of which do not do Fast Pass.

In Fantasyland, the rides which have F.P. are Pooh, and Peter Pan.

Splash Mtn would also be advisable to do F.P. for, but if you plan to ride those I've listed in Fantasyland or the Goofy's Barnstormer down in Toontown Fair, you'd probably want to do these first.

Might want to F.P. either Pooh or Peter Pan before you hit some of these others, then maybe by the time you are done with them, it will be time for the F.P.

Just get to the park very, very early and be ready to go when they open the park, heading straight for Fantasyland. With it being the holiday, crowds are going to be very, very heavy.

aberdeen
Level Contributor
680 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: what to fast pass in MK

thanks. are expecting crowds next weekend but will prob be worse than i imagine!!

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
17,034 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: what to fast pass in MK

We avoid summer and holidays so might not be the best for super crowded strategies, but would tend to agree with Kat that you probably would want to start in Fantasyland. Peter Pan has the most insane line. If it were me, I'd get a FP for that and ride Dumbo and Pooh first if they want to do Pooh.

We like to take advantage of FP on Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain (usually grab a FP for one and do standby for the other) and Buzz Lightyear.

Rockledge, Florida
Level Contributor
904 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: what to fast pass in MK

I agree. We go get the fast pass for Splash Mountain and then usually wait for Thunder Mountain. We also try to get a fast pass for Buzz Lightyear.

Fantasy land does gets very crowded, as well.

North Scituate...
Level Contributor
1,383 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: what to fast pass in MK

July 4th is Saturday not Friday!

Hope this helps!!

denver, co
Level Contributor
1,148 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: what to fast pass in MK

I would agree with a 5 & 8 yr old I would do Fantasyland first. IMO, I would go straight back and obtain FP for Peter Pan, ride Dumbo if you want to, then ride Winnie the Pooh, Snow White & Small World it will probably be time for your FP, ride Peter Pan, then move on to Haunted Mansion, then get FP for Splash and ride Big Thunder, or if line for Big Thunder is too long, move on to Pirates and come back and FP Big Thunder in 2 hours.

Wherever you go first, this is a VERY crowded day at Mk and the most important thing is too arrive at least 30 min prior to park opening to beat the crowds!!

Chesapeake, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,210 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: what to fast pass in MK

Good luck on the 4th, oh man not sure which holiday is the worst. lol

aberdeen
Level Contributor
680 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: what to fast pass in MK

thanks every one. i ment fri 3rd, sorry.think will do a waterpark on the 4th, might be bit more relaxing for a really busy day!

aberdeen
Level Contributor
680 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: what to fast pass in MK

what times are the parks open at anyway?

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
17,034 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: what to fast pass in MK

MK is open 9am - 11pm on Friday July 3rd. If you are staying on property, there are extra magic hours from 11pm - 2am.