We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 questions????

Barrie Ontario
Level Contributor
1,058 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
2 questions????

Before I book tomorrow witch rooms are bigger Animal Kingdom Lodge or Port Orleans Riverside. Also Ragalan road are kids allowed for dinner. Its my thirteen old daughters birthday and we were able to get a reservation there at a good time. Any other birthday suggestions would be welcome.

So hard to decide were to stay and what to do. I go through this every time.

Ventnor City, New...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando
Level Contributor
4,287 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 questions????

Most rooms at AKL are 344 square feet, and all rooms at POR are 314 square feet. This is a very small difference.

Walt Disney World caters to families with children. I can't think of ANY restaurant in all of WDW that does not allow children.

In terms of your resort choice ... AKL and POR are very very different resorts ... there is MUCH more difference than the size of the room you'll be sleeping in.

POR is a Moderate resort, AKL is a Deluxe resort. Moderates have double beds, exterior corridors, separate buildings, a more spread out resort. Deluxe resorts have queen-size beds, interior corridors, and more dining choices than Moderates. AKL is basically one huge building, rather than a sprawling complex of many small buildings.

In addition, AKL is quite unique because of the savannahs filled with a variety of animals.

There is also, of course, a rather large difference in price.

I wouldn't choose one or the other based mostly on room size, when there are much MUCH more important differences between them.

Rockledge, Florida
Level Contributor
904 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 questions????

Raglan Road is a fun place and your daughter should enjoy a birthday dinner there. The food is also delicious!

3. Re: 2 questions????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 December 2009, 07:40