We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip report part 1

Horsham
Level Contributor
2,690 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Trip report part 1

Hi guys, I think I am recovered enough from jet lag to start my trip report.

It may be long as I do tend to blab a bit, so I will do it in stages.

I woke up at 5am and got eldest daughter aged 19yrs up with me, woke son up aged 14 at 5.45 and the little ones at 6am, Faune 3yrs old did not know we were going and she was so excited when we told her and so surprised, we have lovely footage of her and will try to post it. Taxi picked us up at 6.30am and off to airport, nothing exciting happened, good flight, good films, food pretty awful as usual, not sure why I always get it as I never eat it, I think I am hoping one day to get a nice steak or something, oh well keep dreaming. One small problem, hit some very bad turbulance when coming into land at Sanford and we litterally fell out of the sky twice, it was very scary and the whole plane screamed, twice, within 1 min. but we eventually landed and all was well. My daughter said it was worth than Tower of Terror, so it must of been bad, I have never done Tower of Terror, and defently will not now.

For all those who are interested it was fine taking a 13month old, we had no problems on the plane with her she was very good.

No problems at airport, I did get asked for a letter for two foster daughters at immigration, this is the first time I have ever been asked so very glad I always take one from social services for them.

Walked out into Florida Sun and boy oh boy was it hot, it felt like opening an oven door that never shuts, really really hot and sticky, collected Alamo car, no problems, I dont have a credit card and they took Debit card, despite signs saying otherwise.

Easy drive to hotel and we were thrilled with our suite and the posision of it, we stayed in All Star Music in the Jazz building room 6069, perfect situation. overlooking green trees and a lovely water statue thing. Clean comfortable room.

Unpacked and went to shop,. where we purchased Disney refillable mugs, (bargain or what) only $12.99 each and we must have filled them each about 6 time a day at least, so well worth the money. Went for a swim, wonderful pool, went to Walmart, this was a nightmare to find, so lesson learnt, I will get directions from TA members before going next time.

Bed at about midnight and alarm set for 1st day, Animal Kingdom extra magic hours.

Day 1, up at 4am, Katrina (eldest) up at 3am, thankfully she did not wake me till 4am and the others all woke up by 5am, so showered and dressed and on the disney bus by 7am.

Arrived at AK at 7.30am collected passes, very simple no problems.

We were one of the first in AK and we headed straight for the Safari, after rope drop, which was very cute, the first time we have seen this.

cued for around 15 mins, and saw loads of animals, including lions, so we were very lucky.

By 11am we had completed, safari, Expedition Everest, River rapids twice, Bugs life and walked around the park. Left here by lunch time as we were getting tired due to the heat and jet lag.

Spent the afternoon swimming and we all ended up in bed by 9pm exhausted but very happy after our first day.

Horsham
Level Contributor
2,690 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip report part 1

Sorry I just read this back and there are loads of spelling mistakes, maybe still slightly jet lagged, I will read through before posting next time.

Oh favourite ride at AK had to be River Rapids, all got soaked and 3yr old loved it, and laughed so much, much to our surprise.

London
Level Contributor
1,684 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip report part 1

the hairs on my arms are standing on end and my eyes have filled up with tears of terror re your flight experience (I am a serioulsy bad flyer). Lovely first instalment and look forward to more........:-)

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,312 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip report part 1

Great start to your holiday, apart from the turbulence! Cant wait to read the rest!

scotland
Level Contributor
282 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip report part 1

Looking forward to the next instalment

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
542 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip report part 1

Hi Cazkatjoe, lovely first day you all had, how great to see the rope drop, we have not seen this yet. EvieCee.

north wales
Level Contributor
151 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip report part 1

Hi

This sounds really scary! hope you havge a lovely time we fly out on thursday - look forward to your next instalment.

Were staying on international drive and were thinking of buying our toiletries when we get there - what do you think??

Burton upon Trent...
Level Contributor
213 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip report part 1

Sounds wonderful - and the memories you are giving the children are priceless!

8. Re: Trip report part 1

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 05 July 2009, 21:05
Horsham
Level Contributor
2,690 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trip report part 1

Hi getreal,

Yes we did brush their teeth, at the airport before we flew, as we had a huge breakfast at the airport, so dont panic, the girls all have lovely healthy teeth. I do this as they wont eat after brushing their teeth for a couple of hours as they do not like the taste, so just dressed them, gave them a drink and of we headed.

No standards slipping in my house I can assure you, but thank you for the concern for my childrens teeth!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2,481 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Trip report part 1

Glad all went smoothly caz. Looking forward to the next part...

Getreal, how very rude of you...yet again you choose to spoil things with your meaness. Go away this is caz trip report and your silly words have no place here...