We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

We can't go anymore :(

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,087 posts
212 reviews
Save Topic
We can't go anymore :(

I asked earlier about Disney's travel insurance and how easy they were to work with. Well I went to the doctor yesterday and found out I am in need of an ACL reconstruction. The surgery is scheduled for September 2 and we were supposed to fly out on September 16. Because of the extensive previous surgeries on my knee the doctor said there is no way I can go. Which is ok since with a $4,000 deductible Disney wouldn't be possible anyways.

Thanks for all the great advice and help with planning. We are going next year but now need to decide on a time frame. Also we won't be able to stay in our Preferred resort of POFQ since our daughter will be 3 later this fall, which makes 5 in our party.

I will keep nosing around and keep getting good ideas for next year. Now to start looking for which hotel we want (maybe now we can splurge next year for a deluxe hotel:)

Thanks again for all the great help. And we had so many good deals, what a waste....

Magic Kingdom Park
Disney Parks & Activities, Theme Parks
Disney's Animal Kingdom
Nature & Wildlife Areas, Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Epcot
Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park
Water Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Hampshire
Level Contributor
75 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: We can't go anymore :(

Awww such a shame that you can't go. But at least you get to plan a trip for next year, where you'll be able to give your new knee a good workout :)

You may not be able to stay at POFQ with 5, but you can def stay at POR with 5 - they have a trundle bed for under 9's.

You'll have all the fun of searching out the deals again next year :)

Brazil
Destination Expert
for Sao Paulo
Level Contributor
7,972 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: We can't go anymore :(

casey, really sorry for you but first things first!

heal yourself so you can have a wonderful trip next year!

Denmark
Level Contributor
12,304 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: We can't go anymore :(

Hi Casey

So sorry to hear that You can join us in September and to meet You and all the kids since we where staying at the same hotel too.

But health has to come first.

Good luck with the surgery.

Mutter

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
15,050 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: We can't go anymore :(

:-(

Jennifer

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
41,919 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: We can't go anymore :(

So sorry to hear this bad news!! I know how disappointed you are both about the upcoming surgery and also cancellation of your trip.

Wishing you all the best with the surgery and recovery, as I know it's long and painful, but hopefully you'll be good as new when you are done!!

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
3,636 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: We can't go anymore :(

Sorry to hear that Casey, I made the surgeon delay my knee opp two years ago, as I told them I wanted to go on holiday first, and they said I couldn't fly for about 8 weeks after.

Cant they change your opp date, or would you be more comfortable going next year anyway?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2,481 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: We can't go anymore :(

Sorry to hear of this Casey, hope you and your family enjoy your next trip with your new knees and take good care of yourself in the meantime.

Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
339 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: We can't go anymore :(

That's terrible Casey, so sorry to hear that you won't be able to go. Good luck with your surgery! Keep us all posted on how you're feeling...

Marion

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,087 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: We can't go anymore :(

Thanks for all the kind replies.

Moomin21 - No I can't change the date. I also have torn cartilage in my knee which is causing it to lock and I don't want my knee to lock completly while I am down there and need emergency surgery. Plus I am 27 years old and am on the verge of a knee replacement so I need to get it taken care of now.

Thanks again! There should be some times opening up for dnners as I need to cancel our reservations. We have Boma, Sci-Fi, Cape May Cafe, Chef Mickey's (breakfast), Coral Reef, and Whispering Canyon Cafe.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
10,036 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: We can't go anymore :(

Sorry......It will give you a chance to stay at POR my favorite moderate. I always look on the positive side.