We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

PO FQ or Boardwalk

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
PA
Level Contributor
5 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
PO FQ or Boardwalk

I am going to Disney in August and I have yet to choose a resort.

I am looking for recommendation between 2 resorts.

PO FQ or Boardwalk Inn?

I have stayed at 3 Deluxe resorts (BI, YC, and CR) and I have never stayed at a moderate. Am I up for disappointment since I am used to deluxe resorts?

I love the convenience of the BI? Is PO FQ convenient for its own reasons?

HELP!!

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,754 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: PO FQ or Boardwalk

We have been to both Boardwalk Villas and Port Orleans FQ out of choice I much prefer Boardwalk for it's location, easy walking to Epcot and Hollywood Studios. Port Orleans is very nice, if you are on a budget, but not a patch on the delux resorts, imo.

Rockledge, Florida
Level Contributor
904 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: PO FQ or Boardwalk

The Boardwalk, as you know, is amazing, wonderful and very convenient.

The PQFQ is a very nice choice for a moderate hotel. It is relatively small, so the bus system works nicely. The pool and food court are easily accessible to all of the rooms. I actually just returned from the real New Orleans- French Quarter, and the PQFQ does capture some of its charm. When we stayed at PQFQ, myself and my children always loved the hotel. They have a nice food court. The bakery there makes great beignets.

It is not on the exact same caliber as the Boardwalk- with one being a deluxe and one being a moderate hotel, but it is a marvelous choice and I think you would have a great trip. I dont think that you would be disappointed.

Rockledge, Florida
Level Contributor
904 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: PO FQ or Boardwalk

I meant POFQ - sorry I confused my abreviations- :)

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,909 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: PO FQ or Boardwalk

Hi: I can only resond to the BW part....I have never stayed at the other.

Yes, The BW is special and a little bit of heaven. I have stayed at The BW hotel when the Beach was sold out. I was not terribly impressed. Make you you don't get a room in front over the entrance. It can be very noisey late at night.

5. Re: PO FQ or Boardwalk

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 January 2010, 07:16