We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

universal studios

nova scotia canada
Level Contributor
67 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
universal studios

can we do universal studios and islands of adventure in one day, we have no kids,and do they have a tram to go between the two or is it a short distance for walking, mid october, thanks.

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
32,818 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: universal studios

Yes, you can do them both in the same day. You can easily walk between them.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
143 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: universal studios

Hi

Both the Studios and the Islands are at the end of the Boardwalk-where all the shops, bars, restaurants are. At the bottom, you choose to turn left to the studios, or right to the islands. Both are across a river.

On the other side of the river there is a path between the two parks, on this path there is the Hard Rock Cafe, the Blue Man group, etc.

Its about 5 mins walk between the two parks.

You can easily do the two parks, plus hop into the board walk for nice food all in a day.

Enjoy!

WARWICKSHIRE
Level Contributor
785 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: universal studios

We did it over two days last year, but this year we're doing it in one day as I know what I want to do and what to leave out now. As I have kids though I think I'll buy an express pass to speed it all up a bit. Enjoy!

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
40,184 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: universal studios

I would recommend highly you purchase the Express Passes if you are going to attempt both parks in one day, else you are going to have to leave off lots of attractions just to get both parks covered.

I've tried to do both parks on one day during season when the parks close early (6:00 PM) and you simply can't cover everything even with short or nearly empty cue lines. The more attractions you do, the more time it will take.

Ireland
Level Contributor
587 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: universal studios

hi lily,

yea you will get the 2 parks done in one day get there for opening and i would recemmend doing island of adventure first and then universal as universal is open an hour later than IOS usually...

Just one thing...

without the express pass you will get most things done but not everything

with the EP you will be more likely to get everyride done

i think somebody said on here last wekk that it cost them $27 dollars each but it would be worth it

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
685 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: universal studios

Depends on the queues and how busy the parks are, but I've been in January and done everthing I wanted too in both parks in one day. Didn't need the express passes and went on the best rides more than once.

As others have said the entrances to both parks there is only a short walk betwen them.

7. Re: universal studios

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 January 2010, 06:18