We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

globespan from glasgow

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
glasgow
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Topic
globespan from glasgow

could anyone tell me good or bad if they have flew glasgow to sanford had any problems like long delays as have been hearing this but would rather hear from someone who has used globespan thanks dont go till 6th sept used thomas cook last year and didnt have any delays so fingers crossed

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando
Level Contributor
4,078 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: globespan from glasgow

Greetings from Orlando!

Nothing wrong with flying into Sanford. They do not report any unusual delays, no more then any airport. Don't know if you are already aware but Sanford Airport is a bit far from the Orlando area attractions. At least 1 hour to 1 1/2 hours with traffic.

Hope this helps!

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando
Level Contributor
4,078 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: globespan from glasgow

Here is the website, it might help with any other questions you might have - http://www.orlandosanfordairport.com/

Falkirk, Scotland
Level Contributor
2,200 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: globespan from glasgow

We've flown Glasgow to Sanford with Globespan and had no problems - it's a smaller,regional airport, so although it's not as smart or glamorous as Orlando Airport, it's quieter and easier to negotiate. In addition to that, you'll save money by getting a cheaper flight with little inconvenience - it's not as if you have to drive for hours to get to your resort. It usually takes us about 45 mins (late afternoon) to travel from Sanford to Kissimmee.

Belfast
Level Contributor
78 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: globespan from glasgow

Hi ive flown the flight a few yrs ago that went glasgow - belfast - sanford. It wasn't delayed at that time, but Im flying next week with flyglobespan from belfast and have been wathcing recent delays. The past few weeks have been no more than 1 - 2 hours delayed, so if i get that ill count myself lucky - because theres not a lot to do in sanford airport!

Flight was fine as far as i can remember, but it was very cold on board.

But ill still hope for little or no delay.

Scotland
Level Contributor
42 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: globespan from glasgow

Hi :)

i am flying glasgow to sanford, with globespan, in two weeks so al let u know how i get on with them once i return

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
13,039 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: globespan from glasgow

We've flown Globespan from Glasgow to Sanford a couple of times in the last 4 years. Never had a problem and I think the reputation they had for severe delays is overdone now. This was when they first started flying this route and they overstretched themselves so if the plane had a problem there was no back up. Hence 24 hour delays. Although they still haven't got a huge fleet, they have definitely improved their service and reliability.

As for Sanford, great little airport, much much smaller and easier than Orlando International and if you've never driven in the US this is as easy an initiation as you'll get.

Cumbernauld, United...
Level Contributor
446 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: globespan from glasgow

Hi disco7Glasgow,

Flown with Globespan Glasgow to Sanford Sept'06 and April'08.........No problems whatsoever.

I am flying out 6th Sept this year too!

but due to other family members dates and stuff I'm trying Continental from Edinburgh this year!

The only thing I will say is that when we went Sept'06 it was a Sunday flight we booked and then they changed us to the Saturday because the flight wasn't busy enough, we were fortunate that we could change villa details and car hire etc, so be aware they might do same!

As for Globespan itself? Flight was fine no problems, Leg room? plenty as far as I'm concerned.

Food? airline but edible..lol. You can choose seat and food after booking process and it's free......and I notice baggage allowance has gone up to 25kg.

And don't quote me but after years of watching the way Globespan do their prices.....anyone willing to wait for last minute bargain will ge one....I usually book at last minute but as I said previously Family commitments meant I could'nt, but still watching the prices....lol

Have a Fab Holiday.

OLK
Scotland
Level Contributor
78 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: globespan from glasgow

You can no longer choose your seat for free. According to their website if you want to select your seat in advance it is now £10 per person which you can do after you have booked. You can also purchase excess baggage at the cost of £50 per £10 kilos. It used to be a lot cheaper but went up a few months ago. The 25kg baggage allowance is for your checked and hand luggage.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
278 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: globespan from glasgow

Hi disco, we have flew glasgow-sanford with globespan a few times and have only been delayed once and that was only for 20 mins so we hardly even noticed it, we thought the flights were great and have never had a problem with staff as they have always been great.

Stubhoy

Scotland
Level Contributor
112 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: globespan from glasgow

Hi We've used Globespan twice from Glasgow, first time was a long weekend to Barcelona - delayed 2.5 hours, second was last September to Orlando - delayed 5 hours - absolute nightmare - flight was showing a 3 delay as soon as we arrived at the airport THEN when they told us to proceed to departure gate we waited another 2 hours for aircraft to arrive!!!!! We had booked our accommodation with Globespan - Tuscana Resort @ Champions Gate which was great - but they had given us the wrong instructions for collecting keys after hours which meant we were driving around Kissimmee for an hour - didn't get into accommodation until about midnight Orlando time - bad start to holiday but didn't spoil it for us. This year we are flying BA Glasgow-Gatwick-Orlando!! Thats just our experience with Globespan though lots of people seem to have no problem so I'll keep my fingers crossed for you too!!!!