We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

reunion resort: book directly through hotel or vrbo.com??

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston, MA
Level Contributor
71 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
reunion resort: book directly through hotel or vrbo.com??

Hi - I am interested in staying at Reunion Resort to use all the amenities - pools, golf, restaurants, etc. Is it the same if you rent through a private owner on VRBO or does that limit you? Also - is there a certain part of the resort that is better to stay at in terms of type of units, location/proximity to pool, etc?? Any insight would be welcome. We're a family of 4 traveling with 2 grandparents. We plan to use the resort a lot, but visit Disney for a few days as well.

Denmark
Level Contributor
12,304 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: reunion resort: book directly through hotel or vrbo.com??

Bump

Mutter

Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
5,427 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: reunion resort: book directly through hotel or vrbo.com??

I would also like to know. we are looking at next summer, for a total of 17, including a bunch of little guys.

texas
Level Contributor
1,817 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: reunion resort: book directly through hotel or vrbo.com??

We went through vrbo.com and are not limited to what we can and can't use on property. Some homes even offer housekeeping for an extra fee.

I so not know if there is a price break.

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
1,613 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: reunion resort: book directly through hotel or vrbo.com??

You will do much better pricewise renting from a owner rather than through the resort. Just ask the owner if his price includes all of the resort amenities.

You have to register when you get there and you'll receive a credit card type card to show in order to use the facilities. The card is also used for charging things like meals, drinks etc. You don't use any cash while there.

If you're staying in a pool home the Homestead area is nice. Seven Eagles has a nice pool and fitness area along with condos.

The water park area is near the Carriage Point townhouses.

It's a big place, we stayed in the Patriot's Landing area but it was away from most everything.

On this map you can click along the bottom to view the neighborhoods, dining, activities etc.

reunionresort.com/orlando-florida-resort-map… (May need to zoom in)

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
542 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: reunion resort: book directly through hotel or vrbo.com??

Hi, You do not say what your dates for travel are but on the website mentioned if you click on specials they have an offer stay 1 night get 1 free through till end september for 1 or 3 bed unit. Eviecee.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
46,276 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: reunion resort: book directly through hotel or vrbo.com??

In general I prefer to rent via an owner so as to know exactly which unit/house I will be staying in and the individual ammenites and location provided. If you rent thru the resort, you may be allocated a unit at checkin so won't have this assurance.

But if it was a case of a special offer and the price was right, you may be better renting thru the resort. Compare prices and see.

texas
Level Contributor
1,817 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: reunion resort: book directly through hotel or vrbo.com??

they are changing the rules and you may now pay cash for some things on property. When the owner we are renting from gives me more details I will update. I know you still will not be able to buy food at the waterpark w/out a card.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
71 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: reunion resort: book directly through hotel or vrbo.com??

Hi Texasmom -

Did you take your vacation there yet? We have a contract in hand to rent through VRBO.com and it was a big discount in price for a house. It looks like we list our names on the contract, and get a pass for each of us. I believe we can use credit cards to pay for things, but wanted to see what your experience was. Thanks in advance.

texas
Level Contributor
1,817 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: reunion resort: book directly through hotel or vrbo.com??

no, we haven't gone. we go in 3 weeks. our owner put us down to be able to use the waterpark but we can pay via cc for the restaurants and other things on property. i THINK we just need a card to use the waterpark, golf and to buy food/beverages at the waterpark. Basically if we weren't using the waterpark or golf, she wouldn't need to register us. Owners only get so many weeks per year to register guests to use the facilities from my understanding. All of this has changed as Reunion has recently changed management.

Here's an article.

michaelpeach.net/2009/…

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
71 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: reunion resort: book directly through hotel or vrbo.com??

Thanks so much for your quick response. I will be curious to hear how your vacation goes.