We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

lightening storm 31st july

Level Contributor
268 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
lightening storm 31st july

omg, just read the orlando sentienl, they have given out a weather alert for today in orlando, a lightning storm, wich produces 12 sky to ground strikes a minute..i dont like lightning,glad im not thire now!check it out ..orlando sentinel..blaze x

Special Offer
Kennedy Space Center Day Trip with...
478 Reviews
from US$54.99*
Kennedy Space Center, Everglades...
190 Reviews
from US$128.99*
Crystal River Snorkeling, Everglades...
131 Reviews
from US$118.99*
Special Offer
Coca-Cola Orlando Eye, Madame...
17 Reviews
from US$51.99*
Webb City MO
Level Contributor
463 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: lightening storm 31st july

Also saw where the price of Disney tickets will go up $4 each,to $79 Sunday. And the park hopper and water park and more ticket go to $52.

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
13,451 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: lightening storm 31st july

Yeah, happens all the time. Apparently, Orlando is the thunderstorm capital of America.

They are pretty bloody spectacular though!

Level Contributor
121 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: lightening storm 31st july

hopefully going to escape our weather, and what do we have? Get a wee bit upbeat here,it's hot, the sun shines most of the day,and when we are feeling scunnered,we go to a park!

I am in a holiday mood, and want everyone else to feel the same!!

London, United...
Level Contributor
92 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: lightening storm 31st july

We experienced the thunderstorm here in Orlando yesterday - omg! The electricity cut out two or three times - and there was one particularly close lightening strike - heard a guy in the villa further down yell in fright!!!! Never heard a bang like it after! That was about 4.30pm.

However, it moved on fairly quickly - rest of the evening was a bit wet but we were happy, jiggling in Bahama Breeze to the steel drums!

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
1,442 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: lightening storm 31st july

The lightning is very severe here...it seems worse this year than I remember in years past. Heed the warnings! Every day there is a thunderstorm my little dachsund shudders in fear and won't leave my side.

Falkirk, United...
Level Contributor
2,205 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: lightening storm 31st july

I was in the Florida Mall last year when the whole place was plunged into darkness during a thunderstorm. I'm sure they must have back-up generators but no lights came on in the lingerie dept of Sears for ages. The other customers and I all had to stand perfectly still in case we were involved in a fatal undergarment incident!

Level Contributor
2,115 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: lightening storm 31st july

Just love the Florida storms.

In May at the LoQ/QII we had a storm that sent 3/4" hail horizontally through the walkways on the 6 storey block, and couldn't see the parking lot for the rain. LOL

Just sit back & enjoy (safely tho').

FAO Blaze. if you google Isleofwhightweather they track storms within 2/300miles of the IOW, 12 strikes/min isn't that uncommon.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
173 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: lightening storm 31st july

stayed 3wks this july and had a few lightning storms,kids loved them when they were inside watching tv and seeing the warnings flash up on the screen!not that the parents did lol,would gladly swap orlando weather for what we are having with august still to come(rain rain rain,).

South East England...
Level Contributor
207 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: lightening storm 31st july

How is the weather at the moment, is anybody out there who can report back?

It doesn't look good on the bbc website, heavy rain!

We're off on Friday

Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
243 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: lightening storm 31st july

Actually I think the Tampa Bay area is the lightning capital of the US...either way, both areas do have their fair share.

Still haven't got used to the lightning despite being in our 5th summer here..it's certainly spectacular though.