We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HELP ! Where would you like to be proposed to.!!!!!.

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hastings, United...
Level Contributor
155 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
HELP ! Where would you like to be proposed to.!!!!!.

Hi guy's my son want's to proppose to his young lady next year, while we are in Orlando next september 2010.

Now we are doing and going to all the usuall places while were there ,i suggested maybe in front of the castle in MK .

Although we're going to MAGIC KINGDOM , EPCOT,HOLLYWOOD STUDIO'S,UNIVERSAL ISLANDS OF ADVENTURE,UNIVERSAL STUDIO'S,SEA WORLD,BUSCH GARDENS,KSC(poss launch)+ ALL WATER PARKS ect....i cant think of any better place .

Any other romantic ideas would be most welcome

london
Level Contributor
2,586 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: HELP ! Where would you like to be proposed to.!!!!!.

it may be a bit public. you can rent a private cruise for wishes fireworks out on the lake, its lovely and there would be just your family (anything upto 10 people) on board and then he could propose with just the people they love there. it really is beautiful, the back drop would be amazing and u can order food or a cake for the cruise.

however he does it good luck to them both!!!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2,481 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: HELP ! Where would you like to be proposed to.!!!!!.

No-ones ever proposed to me full stop lol, but my vote would be for the castle without a doubt!

Or maybe during the fireworks?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2,481 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: HELP ! Where would you like to be proposed to.!!!!!.

Lovedisney, Good idea, that sounds nice..

isle of wight
Level Contributor
8,836 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: HELP ! Where would you like to be proposed to.!!!!!.

The fireworks cruise is a great idea but they are difficult to book (and I should know lol) another suggestion if you want it to be very romantic would be Victoria and Alberts its a lovely setting ,and if you time it correctly you could have the fireworks in the background.

Also if your going to Bush Gardens pack a picnic then after you leave Bush drive over to the gulf beaches and with a beautiful sunset over the gulf and you sitting on the beach eating your picnic raise a glass with the ring inside it then pop the question.

london
Level Contributor
2,586 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: HELP ! Where would you like to be proposed to.!!!!!.

oooooo the beach sounds lovely!!!!

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
353 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: HELP ! Where would you like to be proposed to.!!!!!.

That really depends on the future bride.

Me personally would love to be proposed to at Discovery Cove or maybe Sea World. And then second choices would be Universal Studios or Hollywood Studios. And then third would be Magic Kingdom.

What does she like most. If she really loves animals, especially marine life...go for Sea World. If she loves princesses go for Magic Kingdom. If she would love to travel the world, maybe Epcot. Movie fan?..Universal Studios or Hollywood Studios. Did she ever want to be an astronaut? Then go for KSC.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
1,435 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: HELP ! Where would you like to be proposed to.!!!!!.

That's a cool idea, Erin! I like the Discovery Cove one. During your one on one moments with the dolphin maybe he could work out something with the trainers beforehand and have the dolphin carry the ring box on his nose and deliver it to the bride! I would love that!

uk
Level Contributor
298 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: HELP ! Where would you like to be proposed to.!!!!!.

i loving that about the dolphins bringing the ring, i love dolphins they r sooo cute. oh im welling up thinking about it.!!

Hastings, United...
Level Contributor
155 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: HELP ! Where would you like to be proposed to.!!!!!.

LOL Some good sugestions there thanks ,he's got enough time to think about this ,but MK sure is the front runner at the moment :)

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
16,746 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: HELP ! Where would you like to be proposed to.!!!!!.

Not to be a spoiler, but to clarify, the dolphins won't bring a ring at Discovery Cove. They will bring a buoy with your handwritten message of choice, presumably, "Will you marry me?". You'd get the ring from an attendant after you exited the pool. You must purchase a special occasion package in addition to the cost of the dolphin swim admissions.