We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SO, how bad is Tower of Terror??

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York
Level Contributor
924 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
SO, how bad is Tower of Terror??

Is it Claustraphobic as well, or just scary?

North Scituate...
Level Contributor
1,383 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: SO, how bad is Tower of Terror??

Just think of being in a elevator (LIFT), and not stoping from the 13th floor, also going 90 miles an hour! Not "Claustraphobic"

pa
Level Contributor
53,725 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: SO, how bad is Tower of Terror??

Not Claustraphobic, the Lift is pretty big. It's the Dark and the not knowing when you will drop that is scary but once it happens you scream with everyone else and it's quite Fun. You'll Love it

I love to go on this ride with someone that has never gone on it. I think the hype beforehand really creates the fright. Evil ? maybe but I do enjoy the look of fear on other's faces :)

New York
Level Contributor
924 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: SO, how bad is Tower of Terror??

Hmmm...not sure if my heart can handle the anxiety!! LOL.

uk
Level Contributor
395 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: SO, how bad is Tower of Terror??

also if i remember rightly you are just sat in a seat and then a chain is put across your lap, no high sides and backs or bars to hold on to, the photo of me was dreadful, if you sit on the inside there is a metal side and the photo showed me clinging to this, you drop so fast your feet start to rise off the floor, you know the feeling you get when you drive over a hump backed bridge too fast in the car, well times that by about a 100,

Playa Flamenca...
Level Contributor
3,618 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: SO, how bad is Tower of Terror??

Being that I don't do roller coasters I can't understand why I let myself be talked into doing this ride. Never again will you get me on this ride, its the not knowing when you are going to drop and how far it will be and the dark didn't help thing.

I will stick to the Simpsons & Toy story rides.

uk
Level Contributor
268 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: SO, how bad is Tower of Terror??

thires some good vids of this ride on you tube..looks like fun to me!..although i was too scared to ride last time..wish i had..but it dint help when we were watching ppl come off it..and one guy feel to the floor because his legs were like jelly!..lol..but it must have been good because he went back on..Blaze x

barbados
Level Contributor
329 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: SO, how bad is Tower of Terror??

Err I have only done it once and some bright spark told me to remove my glasses cos they would fling off my face (not true by the way) so I took off my prescription sunglasses and then I was blind as a bat which made it even more scary with the "Zone" music playing and the person that told me to remove my glasses kept saying "here it comes...... here it comes..." and I am thinking oh my gawd, how bad is it that my glasses would get flung off my head - then I think the doors opened, all the lights went out and we plunged 13 floors down, catapaulted straight back up and then plunged down again - I think the drops are now random. I have never screamed so much in all my life. However, I am a complete wimp when it comes to scary rides so don't let me put you off! :)

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
4,151 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: SO, how bad is Tower of Terror??

omg, this is the worst one for me, you sit in a two row seated area, then a small bar comes over your lap, then the music starts and you go into blackness, then boooom , your downand your holding on like mad, hands are sweating trying to grip metal, then boom your flying uo and your brain feels like its being pushed up, then down up down, and in between all this the doors open to see the park, terror it is my freind, im gla dto get offas mylegd are shaking when i get off, ive done it 3 times and im never doing it agian.

Denmark
Level Contributor
12,304 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: SO, how bad is Tower of Terror??

Hi Ldzzzz

The most scary part is when the doors open and You are looking right out on the Disneyworld resort, IMO

Mutter

Brazil
Destination Expert
for Sao Paulo
Level Contributor
7,928 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: SO, how bad is Tower of Terror??

not claustrophobic at all, it´s fu fun fun...