We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Rip Ride Rockit Promo

Kissimmee, FL
Level Contributor
241 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
New Rip Ride Rockit Promo

Maybe the Rip Ride Rockit roller coaster opening is getting closer. Universal released a new promo this week: http://bit.ly/YO54T

It's another one featuring the ride's spokesman, Syd Vinyl.

uk
Level Contributor
268 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Rip Ride Rockit Promo

last i heard although a rumor is 9th august..fingers crossed..also someone i know asked a member of staf and was was told this month..i just hope its open for when we go in september..Blaze

Rockledge, Florida
Level Contributor
904 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Rip Ride Rockit Promo

I was in Universal Studios yesterday, and they were test running the ride with no people in it. It looks wild!!

Kissimmee, FL
Level Contributor
241 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Rip Ride Rockit Promo

As soon as we hear it's in soft opening, we are running over there and I will post a full report. It's got some big shoes to fill on the thrill scale as compared to Manta, but I'm really looking forward to that loop where you don't go upside down. Sort of reminds me of Scorpion at Busch Gardens where you do go upside down, but all you have is a lapbar...no over-the-shoulder restraint. Every time I ride it, I hope that it doesn't have an incident like the Demon at Six Flags Great America where it got stuck upside down in the loop!

Douglas, IOM
Level Contributor
269 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Rip Ride Rockit Promo

We go at the start of September and will be totally gutted if it still has not opened while we are there.

The excitement of a new coaster is the best !!

5. Re: New Rip Ride Rockit Promo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 February 2010, 06:19