We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

On a Lighter Note

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
isle of wight
Level Contributor
8,836 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
On a Lighter Note

How mny of you out there are secretly trying to look better for there Holidays.

10 weeks ago I stood on the scales and weighed in at 16 stone 8Ibs .

On trying my swimming shorts on I found them a little uncorftable (just a little)so I decided to go on a diet ,today im a much better 15 stone with still 77 days to go.

Who else is trying to look better for the water parks and there upcomming holiday.

West Midlands
Level Contributor
327 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: On a Lighter Note

not so much secretly! My friend has lost 2 stone and still going and I have lost 5 stone. Since September!!

There is still time til October!! ;)

Well done your 1 and a half stone Nemmis!

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
9,014 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: On a Lighter Note

I am an 11 stone weakling. I have been drinking copious amounts of beer to bulk myself up for Muscle Beach, and have been tanning myself stupid for the past month. I cannot afford a sunbed and have therefore resorted to boot polish but it is beginning to work. Washing clothes is an ongoing problem, however.

I am considering speedos but will see if they have any on offer in Matalan next week.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
223 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: On a Lighter Note

Well done Nemmis :)

I tell myself everyday that i should diet but then i think i have 330 days to go so i have time ha

Will be a last minute crash diet for me ha ha

Webb City MO
Level Contributor
463 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: On a Lighter Note

I have lost a little over 20 pounds in the last month,hoping for at least 5 more before we leave in 26 days. I also hope that I can do like others and actually lose weight with all the walking.(I know,I live in a dream world LOL)

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
30,759 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: On a Lighter Note

Started dieting 2 weeks ago for my vacation in November. I really want to look good in my swimsuit. 84 days to go!

By the way, how much is a stone?

Donna

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,312 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: On a Lighter Note

Well done Nemmis!! A stone and a half in 10 weeks that really good going! Keep up the good work! Im always trying to look better LOL!!

Ive been doing weight watchers for nearly 2 years now, and went from 13st 12lb to 8st 4lb, so Im really trying to maintain it, and I have started a new excercise plan to get me ready for all the walking!! Just worried about all of the lovely goodies over there though!!

Doncaster
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: On a Lighter Note

Well Done Nemmis, I have over 300 days to go and having had a lovely HUGE sunday dinner today I will prob think about losing some weight nearer the time, all so that I can put it back on again while on hols hahaha x

Webb City MO
Level Contributor
463 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: On a Lighter Note

dbabe I just googled, and a stone is 14 pounds or 6.35029318 kg. I didn't know either. You learn something new everyday!!

Denmark
Level Contributor
12,304 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: On a Lighter Note

Well I will cut my hair and dye it some days before I go to make myself feel better and look better ;-)

I tell You something we dont own a scale so I use my clothes to decide when I am to fat or not.

And since I have been shopping for new clothes lately for my upcoming trip I have gone down a size in my clothes, which probaly means that I look better

Mutter

isle of wight
Level Contributor
8,836 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: On a Lighter Note

Im glad im in such good company ,my problem is ive being drinking a Slim Fast at breakfast and one at lunch time then either youngs Salmon steaks with veg or Birds Eyes Simply Salmon (really nice but our Tescos have stopped stocking them ) so ive been stuck at 15 stone now for a week which means excercise on my WII but I feel such a Pratt doing it im waiting for my wife to go back to school lol.