We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

question about the chevrolet uplander

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
1,686 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
question about the chevrolet uplander

hi have just recently been informed that the car we will be getting thru our package holiday is a chevrolet uplander which i believe to be a 7 seater there will be six adults travelling if we leave all the seats in position is there going to be room for our luggage and also once there, my mum has hired a small mobility scooter (foldable) for the duration are we going to have room for this ? im assuming one of the 3rd row seats will drop, will this help?. the travel agent knew our requirements at time of booking and we have already paid to upgrade so wont be happy if we get there and we dont fit in . we dont mind if its a tight fit as were not hopin to spend very much of our holiday in there lol any advice or help from chevvy owners or past travellers who used one would be muchly appreciated xx

Special Offer
Kennedy Space Center Day Trip with...
471 reviews
from US$54.99*
US$59.00
Kennedy Space Center and Everglades...
187 reviews
from US$128.99*
Special Offer
3-Attraction Ticket: The Coca-Cola...
14 reviews
from US$49.99*
US$87.87
Kennedy Space Center Ultimate...
77 reviews
from US$168.99*
Norwood, MA
Level Contributor
355 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: question about the chevrolet uplander

Bump. I've only rented one myself (yes it is a 7 seater). I think you'd have to be a little more specific about how many bags each of the adults would be carrying. If I remember correctly, the 3rd row is a "bench" seat so if you fold it down you lose all three.

isle of wight
Level Contributor
8,842 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: question about the chevrolet uplander

We rented one from Alamo last April/May there were 4 adults and 1 child in our group and we struggled with our luggage ,from the back seat to the rear hatch there wasnt a great deal of room so from the Airport we used the spare seat to stack cases on.

This year we will take the Dodge Durango .

Cherry Hill, NJ
Level Contributor
6,651 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: question about the chevrolet uplander

At best, I think it will be a very tight squeeze.

How large are the adults? I think you get two front seats, two in the middle and three in the back.

I don't see you fitting six people and luggage for six very comfortably.

here's a photo with the back seat down:

http://image.motortrend.com/f/8506215+w750/369_0507_roadtests_2z+2006_chevrolet_uplander_van+interior_cargo.jpg

here's another view:

gm.ca/images/…chev_upla_gall_main_int_01.jpg

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
1,686 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: question about the chevrolet uplander

thanks everyone for your help i too didnt think it was going to be big enough im just annoyed at thomas cook for giving us something that clearly isnt big enough unless they expect ppl to travel with out luggage lol .will have to let them know but i guess its gonna mean more money out of the spendin pot lol

5. Re: question about the chevrolet uplander

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 February 2010, 06:29