We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I'm going home!!

Hartford...
Level Contributor
494 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
I'm going home!!

Okay everyone, I walk in the house tonight and my wife is making dinner. She says to my DD and I "oh, I got you guys a surprise for after dinner but I'm going to give it to you now". So I'm thinking chocolate, right? So she walks in with this box and I open it with my DD and there's a toothbrush and q-tips and toothpaste. Now I'm thinking I showered this morning...what the heck is this all about. She says "keep digging". After moving all the tissue paper aside I find a CSR room confirmation. Are you freaking kidding me! I almost hit the roof. I'm going to WDW!!

Lights, decorations, the whole nine yards! This is the one time of year we've never been to WDW and we are going from 12/3 to 12/6. It won't be a long trip but we're going.

My DD is alittle worried about missing one day of AP history but life is just to short to worry about one class.

My DW had to get special permission from her big, big boss to miss two days of work because that's a big no no during December for her (its their busy time of year). She loves me!!

Does anyone know how the Osborne Lights work? Is that just something you walk through or is it a separate charge to enter?

How about the Candlelight Processional?

Denmark
Level Contributor
12,304 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I'm going home!!

Wow what a great wife You have Buzz.

You must be over the moon now.

wdwinfo.com/holidays/candlelight_processiona…

and go from there to click and see what and where and lots of planning to do now Buzz, Has wife given You the free dining too ? And where should You eat then ?

Mutter

Webb City MO
Level Contributor
463 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I'm going home!!

How neat is that? You have a heckofa wife there!(I am sure you know that already LOL!) Have a great time!

Orlando,
8 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: I'm going home!!

What a great surprise!!!

Re: your questions.

1) The Osborne lights are a three block area that you walk into and through at your own pace. No extra fee. The lights are amazing just to see, but about every 15 minutes they 'dance' to memorable Christmas songs and it 'snows'... It is quite a sight.

2) The candlelight processional is also free unless you want to pay for a dinner and preferred seating. It take place twice a night, at about 5 & 8 at the American pavillion in EPCOT. It consists of visiting choirs and a celebrity reading of the Christmas story from the Bible. The celebrity changes every night or two, but the format is the same. It is a very moving performance.

Co Down, N. Ireland
Level Contributor
1,985 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I'm going home!!

WOW.. What a Wonderful surprise for you and your DD..Your wife must be very special..

We are also going for the 1st time this Christmas and I think it will be extra Magical..

Hope you have a Fantastic time..

Caroline.x

Wales
Level Contributor
1,548 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I'm going home!!

What a fantastic surprise, have a fantastic time!

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,982 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I'm going home!!

Buzz- Great news. I am happy for you.

london
Level Contributor
2,586 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: I'm going home!!

i think i wouldve fainted!!! hope you all have the best time and you buy her something nice in return!!! lol

pa
Level Contributor
54,372 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: I'm going home!!

How Very Magical

You will Love the Christmas Feeling, Enjoy :)

Maybe Surprise her and book a Candlelight Prosessional Dinner Package, that would be Swell

Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
5,806 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: I'm going home!!

How exciting!

And let your daughter know from someone who's taken an AP US History course (which was by far the MOST difficult class I have ever taken, college or HS...) Take her book along, read the chapter, re-read the chapter, re-read it again. Then she's good to go :) But don't stress too much, life is too short.

And Osborne Lights you just walk through. I hear that if you get to them right when they flip the switch it's really a sight! And I LOVED Candlelight, I can't even tell you, if you get one of the dinner packages you have guaranteed seating, if not you can line up and wait. I suggest getting there 45-60 minutes ahead of time. And go to one where it's dark out.

Hartford...
Level Contributor
494 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: I'm going home!!

Thanks everyone!

I'm definitely going to add those two holiday events to the itinerary.

Kelly - I let her know. I have a feeling this teacher is going to make it very difficult for this class too.