We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

In the teens.......my pre trip report

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,935 posts
83 reviews
Save Topic
In the teens.......my pre trip report

Ok...I really should be doing my volunteer work but I ran out of ink and have to run out and get some. I am taking a break and visiting TA. This is my 3rd trip since finding TA, I think this forum adds to my addiction.

I am going on my second trip in 09', I can hardly believe it. I am going with my Mom who I have never been to Disney with. I was that teen adult who said I did not want to go many many years ago. I figured I was staying home and having my own Disneyworld. If I only knew then what I know now. I missed a trip staying at the Contemporary resort, Keys to the world with charging privelidges (I know this because apparentely from the stories my brother and step siblings ate very well on those cards). I may never stay at the Contemporary resort now for several reasons. One being price, second being if I was to stay on the monorail line I would pick the Polynesian. So this works out to be our first trip together. I am leaving my husband behing to care for my 6 kids. Luckily for me he can be better at my job then I am and they will be well taken care of.

My Mom as explained above has gone to Disneyworld before with her then new husband, my brother, her step son and step daughter. This was long before cell phones and they seems to spend most of their time waiting to meet back up with the three teens in Disney. She barely saw Epcot and then it was just MK and Epcot. She said then I would like to return to Disney without kids. She is very excited about this trip and has almost come with us the past few trips but was afraid she would not keep up with us. I think it was because traveling with 4 teen girls and two other little ones can be a loud and crazy experience. I don't blame her. I picked this crazy life. She is leaving behind her husband who will probably practically live on his boat the days we are gone. He looks like the Gordon Fisherman, beard and all.

My Aunt she is more like a sister being close in age to myself. My Mom helped raise her so that adds to the sister feeling. She also managed to break my Mom in a bit before I was old enough to break the rules on my own. She trained my Mom well, so I lost that perk of being the oldest. Oh well it was worth it, she is a great friend/sister/aunt. She went to Disney as a kid. They drove 20 something hours pulling a camper with my Aunt and Uncle. This had to be a crazy experience. The Aunt and Uncle that took her are comical together. My Aunt is loud and crazy and my Uncle is very passive. She also traveled with my two male cousins. These two broke everything they touched as kids and would wrestle at a funeral. They camped at Disney and it was only MK at the time. She has never flown and this will be her first time. This has restricted vacations for her so this will be her first big vacation. She is leaving behind her husband to take care of their several spoiled rotten pets. Lets hope for good weather so he can occupy his time driving his corvette. He has never been left alone like this before. They have been married for about 30 years and have been together since my Aunt was 13.

That is the cast.....I will post our plans as a reply.

Denmark
Level Contributor
12,304 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: In the teens.......my pre trip report

This was funny , I like this, and I am looking forward to meet all three of You.

Mutter

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,935 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: In the teens.......my pre trip report

We have decided to be the Three Caballeros for this trip.

I am Donald the leader.

My Mom will be Jose, she is a smoker like Jose but will abide by all Disney smoking rules. She is a very good smoker.

My Aunt will be Panchito, the pistol packing caballero.

This trip has had several changes. First it was just my Mother and I at All Star Music, then it was Pop Century since they have more smoking areas. Then my Aunt decided to come and we upgraded to POR since this was a big trip for her. We then made dining reservations, planned our days, etc. Then we decided to upgrade to Deluxe Dining. We now have 8 dining reservations in 4 days. I think a short trip to Disney is the best time to upgrade to Deluxe. It only cost each one of us 90 something dollars to upgrade our 3 nights. With the upgrade we get the refillable mug which we were planning on buying. That knocks 13.00 off the price right off the top. We also get 3 more snacks each (approximately 12.00), these will come in handy for the Food and Wine Festival. With the upgrade we get 3 meals credits to use per night and we get to use them on CS or TS, it does not matter. We have all our credits set for TS but if we change it up it will still be a bargain. So that is how we ended up on the Deluxe Dining plan staying at a moderate. It was very hard to resist upgrading to a deluxe, but I did it.

We will be eating at

Kona Cafe- Breakfast

Yak and Yeti- Lunch

Wilderness Lodge - Lunch

50's Primetime Cafe- Lunch

Grand Floridian Cafe- Lunch

Le Chefs de France- Dinner

Ohana - Dinner

Jiko - Dinner

We have already booked the Horse and Carraige ride at POR. My Aunt has always wanted to do this at Central Park and has not done it yet. I know it is not Central Park but it is a horse and carraige. So look for the three crazy caballeros on the horse and carriage ride.

We have park hoppers and plan to hop, hop and hop. I love hopping. It breaks up the day switching parks.

I plan on trying a Grey Goose slushie in France and corn dog nuggets from Caseys Corner. My Mom said she will also try them. I am afraid with all our dining I wont have room.

I plan to attend as many gathering as I can and meet some fellow TA addicts. I am just hoping this isn't a TA addict intervention and we will all end up on some new reality TV show. We certainly have the cast to entertain.

Denmark
Level Contributor
12,304 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: In the teens.......my pre trip report

No reality show this is- If I start seeing cameras I will walk away. But Macs not that I want to mess Up Your plans or anything , but all the luches no dinners in the evenings ? Boma evening wensday ???

Mutter

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
1,575 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: In the teens.......my pre trip report

Love the cast and can't wait to read your trip report!!

Sheffield, England
Level Contributor
1,198 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: In the teens.......my pre trip report

Loving it Macs ... really wish I was going to be there also.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,935 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: In the teens.......my pre trip report

Mutter- That was part of my many changes. We had Boma, but then when we upgraded to the Deluxe we decided on Jiko instead of Boma. Both at AK. We then changed it to Friday night since Epcot was closing at 8:00 but now it is 9:00 and MK has no fireworks due to the party. Jiko is supposed to be a great dining experience and I didn't want us rushing it. It is our only signature dining reservation.

I wish all the TA member who post here could be at the same time, but then again it will make future trips and gatherings more fun.

When we booked this I think there would only be a few of us.....it has grown.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2,481 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: In the teens.......my pre trip report

Enjoyed getting to know the cast Macs. Can't wait to read Tr's from all the september group.....

Panama
Level Contributor
1,501 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: In the teens.......my pre trip report

Panchito.. lol..

Great pre-trip report. I hope you get excellent weather so not only your mom, but all of you enjoy your trip! Your mom will love it. This is wonderful that you´re taking her back.

Hmmmm, Grey Goose Slushie.... sounds tempting....

Have a FANTASMIC trip!

Marquibiri

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,935 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: In the teens.......my pre trip report

OOOOppsss. I don't want to scare anyone with the Panchito. Panchito is the pistol carrying caballero but my Aunt will not be carrying a pistol. She is what my Grandfather would call a "pistol".

I was so excited to be in the teens today....19 days. I have to say now it seems to be going so slow today.

Brazil
Destination Expert
for Sao Paulo
Level Contributor
7,933 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: In the teens.......my pre trip report

Great cast,Macs!

You will have a blast! I´m glad I´m going to meet you!