We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip report part 2

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Webb City MO
Level Contributor
463 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Trip report part 2

Saturday morning (Sept 5th) we get up and go have breakfast and then head over to Animal Kingdom. First we went to Rafiki's Planet Watch,which was interesting and informative.After that,we walked right on to the Safari. Loved that. Got a lot of pictures because all of the animals were out. Then we came back and had a 20 minute queue for Expedition Everest. I got to ride in front. DS and DH were in the 2nd row. Not a bad ride. The guys didn't care so much for the dark backwards part. I thought it was kinda neat. We didn't do Kali River because we didn't want to get soaked so early in our day,although I would have welcomed it in the afternoon!! We headed on over to It's tough to be a bug. Great show,very funny. DS really liked it a lot. Then we went over to the Lion King show. It was awesome!!!!!!! I could have watched it again and again,but that's the kind of thing I like. The guys,not so much. But they do it for me,although DS liked it too. After Lion King, we got in line for Dinosaur,but when we got to the loading area,they closed the ride for technical difficulties. Think it was a hydraulic line. Oh well DS didn't want to ride it anyway. Went to Camp Minnie Mickey for pictures then headed back to Epcot.

First we rode the monorail around so we could rest our aching feet a while longer. Then we went to see how long the wait was for Soarin' but it was 55 minutes,so we wandered around the shops for a while and then went to Coral Reef for our dinner reservations. We were about 30 minutes early,but only waited about 10 minutes to get in. We all ordered New York Strip(I know,it's a seafood restaurant,but we went for the scenery) The steaks were pretty good. DS ate almost all of his(big surprise,as he is generally not a big eater)They had creme brulee for dessert,but didn't like it(we are simple folk and not used to stuff like that LOL!!!) I had the Bailey's mousse. Not bad,but as I was eating it,I was wondering where the Bailey's was. Then I got to the bottom....Found it!!!! The service was very good,but if I would have had to pay for it,I would not go there. It was over $130 for the 3 of us. I am SO glad we had the DDP so we could have this experience. Like I said,we are just plain folk.

While we were eating,it rained,but had quit by the time we were finished,so we went back to Test Track and rode it in the rain. Then we headed back to the resort and went swimming. Boy did that feel good after a long hot day.

denver, co
Level Contributor
1,148 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip report part 2

What a wonderful day!! Test Track just gets more fun everytime I ride it!

galway
Level Contributor
1,220 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip report part 2

Love Trip reports....So far so good sweetlady. Keep up good work.

Denmark
Level Contributor
12,304 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip report part 2

Sounds nice with the safari I am really looking forward to go to AK again, we really loved that park.

Sounds great with that Baileys mousse too, gosh I got really hungry reading this, I have to go look into the frezer for something to eat.

Mutter

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
16,895 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip report part 2

I'm interested to hear more about riding the monorail. Seems a little out of place for AK to Epcot.

Webb City MO
Level Contributor
463 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip report part 2

We took the bus to Epcot and just got on the monorail for a ride around it.

Panama
Level Contributor
1,501 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip report part 2

God bless the Dining Plan... but not for December, grr, LOL. Great trip report! Keep it up!

Marquibiri

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,935 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip report part 2

Great trip report. I am happy your meal at Coral Reef was better then mine.

8. Re: Trip report part 2

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 March 2010, 07:20