We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disney Parks: See them in any order?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto
Level Contributor
532 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Disney Parks: See them in any order?

Hi All,

We are 2 adults (no children) going to the 4 Disney Parks. We have a 4 day pass that is NON Hopping. Is there any particular order anyone might suggest when going to the 4 parks? If so, what would be the rationale for your suggestion? We're good walkers with no significant health issues that might be a factor. (Although we might be slightly more hungover by day 4 LOL)

Thanks !!!!!

Toronto
Level Contributor
532 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Disney Parks: See them in any order?

ooops...should mention that the 4th day might be shortened in that we have to leave for the airport around 3 pm.

Rockledge, Florida
Level Contributor
904 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Disney Parks: See them in any order?

If you have never been to Disney before, I would have to suggest the Magic Kingdom first- children or no children- to me- this is Disney- especially for first timers.

I then particularly love Epcot- it is an amazing experience!!

Next, it really depends on you! Do you love animals or movies more?

The Animal kingdom is defintely an animals lover's paradise!!

But Hollywood Studios is so fun too. and has some really fun restaurants.... 50's Prime Time and Sci- Fi dine-in.

Enjoy your Disney experience. You are in for for a wonderful vacation!

Toronto
Level Contributor
532 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Disney Parks: See them in any order?

thanks MM good suggestions and yes, we've never been to Disney before.

pa
Level Contributor
53,716 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Disney Parks: See them in any order?

First Day I might do Disney's Hollywood Studios. Smallest Park and a good way to get into the Spirit of things. Get a good nights rest and hit Magic Kingdom day 2. Stay for the Fireworks for sure. Day 3, Epcot. Hard to see and do it all in 1 day but that wil give you a reason to visit again. Last, Animal Kingdom. You will be able to see and do quite a bit by 3pm

I do of course recomend checking the Park Hours. If you are staying at a Disney Resort, take advantage of the Extra Magic Hours, you'll be able to fit alot more Fun into your 4 days. If you are staying off property, you might want to avoid the Park that has Extra Magic Hours www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/hours.htm

Toronto
Level Contributor
532 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Disney Parks: See them in any order?

Good points partypa ...and we do want a good excuse to come back....also we're not staying at the Disney Resort...we'll be at the Sheraton Vistana on Iternational Drive.

Toronto
Level Contributor
532 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Disney Parks: See them in any order?

oooops....that's "International" (spelling)

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,726 posts
257 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Disney Parks: See them in any order?

I agree Magic Kingdom has to be the first park to see. I just don't consider the holiday started until I have seen Cinderella's castle!

If you are doing MK in one day, then I would suggest you do a smaller park the second day as you will be tired. I would suggest Animal Kingdom, it is a beautiful park and you should have it pretty much covered by 3pm.

Day 3, I would suggest Epcot, it's another big park, so it will take most of the day to see it all.

I would save Hollywood Studios for the last day, to me, it has the least to see of the 4 parks (though this is just a personal view, some people think that AK doesn't have much to see, however I adore AK because I love animals.) You should have most of HS seen by 3 or 4pm.

When you only have 1 day per park, I would suggest going to www.touringplans.com and printing off a 1 day touring plan for each park. They are great for focusing you and means you don't waste valuable time wandering around wondering what to do next. Enjoy!

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,726 posts
257 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Disney Parks: See them in any order?

Oh, meant to say, if you are a bit tired and hungover by day 4, Hollywood Studios has the most shows to watch of the 4 parks. This is a godsend if you're too tired to walk a lot! This is another reason why I would save HS for last!

Scotland
Level Contributor
704 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Disney Parks: See them in any order?

I'd have to agree with partypa! Most people seem to spend the shortest time at animal kingdom so do it on your last day. Make sure you see the fireworks at epcot and MK! May be a good idea to check the disney firework/ parade timetable so you can get the most out of your tickets!

Toronto
Level Contributor
532 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Disney Parks: See them in any order?

Damn I love this site !!!!! Good info mc and wi. We'll weigh all the permutations and combinations...looks like MK is a concensus pick for sure to see first.

Thanks All !!!