We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report Part 1

Scotland
Level Contributor
3,985 posts
76 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report Part 1

I'll try and keep these short!

Booked all through Ocean Florida.

Flew from Manchester on 27th August with Virgin on board 'Barbarella'.

Chose to upgrade to Premium Economy at the airport and despite me asking 3 different folks for any discount etc. I got none so £200 each extra one way.

Arrived and picked up 8 seater from alamo with minimum fuss (Toyota Sienna which was plenty space for 6 adults and 7 suitcases plus handluggage). Immigration was no trouble as we got of plane first - although I had to put the address of the place I was picking up villa key on the green form which was a slight delay.

Picked up key to Villa and onward to Orange Tree Villa just off H27 3 miles north of the 192. Villa was beautiful.

Walmart for supplies then Outback for dinner which was great with huge portions and reasonable prices.

Day 2

Seaworld.

Awesome day out - Seaworld was much better than we remembered. Manta ride is breathtaking, scary and with the most G force I've ever felt on a coaster.

Dine with Shamu buffet was tremendous although they do rush you out when its all over. The food is of top quality and there is a massive amount of choice.

Shamu Rocks show was funny and excellent (pre show camera on big screen had us all in fits).

Reflections fireworks etc at the end of the night were also well worth seeing.

Left Seaworld about 10pm and drove to Titusville for shuttle launch. Watched from Spaceview Park and can only say it was awesome. A midnight launch where the whole sky lit up.

Day 3

Shopping

Connecticut
Level Contributor
10,036 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report Part 1

Great start....Seaworld has been getting some good reviews.

Co Down, N. Ireland
Level Contributor
1,985 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report Part 1

What a great start to your holiday..We haven't been to Seaworld now for 2 years and we are going this time, its sounds really good..

To get the chance to watch the Shuttle Launch at Midnight must have been truly Awesome..What a memory to have..

Looking forward to your next installment..

Caroline.x

Wales
Level Contributor
1,548 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report Part 1

Dine with Shamu seems good, did you book this in advance?

Wigan
Level Contributor
1,689 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Report Part 1

Excellent trip report part 1 - Can't wait to here more.

I bet the Shuttle Launch was awesome :)

Alabama
Level Contributor
703 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Report Part 1

We love Outback, too! Steaks are always seasoned great and I like having the choice to get a baked sweet potato with my meal.

McHaggis....is that what they serve at McDonald's in Scotland? lol

aberdeen scotland
Level Contributor
415 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip Report Part 1

Herbie you can book dine with Shamu in advance online through Seaworlds websit. We have booked already for our visit in Oct. After the meal they take you to the seating area to view the show,am told you can take your drinks and puddings with you if you have not finished them.

Elaine

limerick
Level Contributor
361 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip Report Part 1

great trip report can't wait to here some more look like ye hade a great time funkey

Scotland
Level Contributor
3,985 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip Report Part 1

We booked dine with Shamu in Advance... to be honest, I'm not sure if I'd risk waiting to book it at the gate given the demand.

Dine with Shamu was 5.30... the Shamu Rocks show was (IRC) 8.30pm and there was no mention of special seating at shamu stadium or the option to take puddings, drinks or whatever else away with you.

Truth be told, we had at least 2 hours between dine with shamu and the shamu rocks show so the thought of taking puddings etc with you just didn't make sense with the timings - perhaps its different at other times of year.

Wales
Level Contributor
1,548 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trip Report Part 1

Thanks!

10. Re: Trip Report Part 1

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 March 2010, 06:18