We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Osbourne Lights ? please explain

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hampshire, England
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Osbourne Lights ? please explain

I have never heard of these lights and saw a post on them and would like to learn more - are they seasonal and what is the difference to the light shows in MK, Epcot and HS - thankyou :)

Pleasant View...
Level Contributor
3,578 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Osbourne Lights ? please explain

The Osborne Lights show is a collection of over 5 million Christmas lights decorating buildings, etc, that dance to music. It's a holiday event only, running from November 10 to January 3, 2010. There is no separate admission; your admission to Hollywood Studios allows you to spend as much time as desired viewing the lights. The MK and Epcot light shows are fireworks and lasers; the Osborne Lights are merely Christmas lights, but spectacular. Well worth a look.

Have a look at the complete story and some photos (which do the light display no justice whatsoever) here:

http://allears.net/tp/h_osb.htm

Hampshire, England
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Osbourne Lights ? please explain

Thankyou very much ethelmae, i absolutely love christmas lights, a magical time of the year anywhere in the world. I hope one day to visit orlando at christmas and view them for myself. Thankyou for the lead.

Alabama
Level Contributor
703 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Osbourne Lights ? please explain

Here is a link to a video. As ethelmae said, the phots do not do it justice.

www.youtube.com/watch…

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
39,082 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Osbourne Lights ? please explain

As the other's have said, it's one amazing light and music display and the lights all "dance" to the music being played.

It even snows on you as you walk down the streets; they have snow machines blowing it out from the top of the buildings.

Pleasant View...
Level Contributor
3,578 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Osbourne Lights ? please explain

Auntytinkerbell, I hope you do get to visit during the holidays. It's crazy busy Christmas week, but I love going in mid November, before Thanksgiving, or late November, just after Thanksgiving. The weather is usually perfect and the whole world is transformed by all the luscious Christmasy sights!

Hampshire, England
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Osbourne Lights ? please explain

Thankyou everyone it really is on the list of a must do:)

Bedfordshire England
Level Contributor
174 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Osbourne Lights ? please explain

According to the Disney calendar, it doen't start until 28 November. We have seen it before and were very dissapointed to be missing it this year because of this late start. Is the calendar date wrong?

pa
Level Contributor
53,806 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Osbourne Lights ? please explain

I saw the 10th

www.wdwinfo.com/holidays/osbornelights.htm

North Shields...
Level Contributor
1,141 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Osbourne Lights ? please explain

Evertime I hear about the Osbourne lights makes me think of Ozzy and Sharon, lol!!!

galway
Level Contributor
1,220 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Osbourne Lights ? please explain

Amazing is the only way to describe. Sister and daughter missed it last year so we played it down at time. Saying you missed nothing just ok but as we are going back this year we will make sure they see them. Music is so nice with them.