We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nursing in the parks

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
434 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Nursing in the parks

We are taking our boys (3 and 8m) for an Orlando vacation in late October. I know most of the parks have "baby care centers" but I am concerned that it will be a long way to go with a hungry baby. I can usually nurse pretty discretly. Has anyone been asked to go else where to feed the baby??

The BCC's don't look like they are located in places where DH and DS #1 will have a real good time while waiting for DS #2 to eat. Do I need to try to plan our day around feeding time??

pa
Level Contributor
54,383 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Nursing in the parks

There are lots of little out of the way spots if needed but The Baby Care Centers are quite nice and your DH and DS can go have a bit of fun and meet up with you when needed, nothing is that far away

www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/baby-care-centers.htm

Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
3,225 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Nursing in the parks

They can't ask you to go elsewhere or ask you to cover up, it's against the law.

There are lots of places to be discreet though or you can use a cover if you want to.

Brighouse, United...
Level Contributor
1,779 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nursing in the parks

Saw a few nursing mothers while I was at Disney this time. I actually saw one mother nursing her baby in the queue to meet Mickey.lol. She was trying to be discreet but unfortunately the cover fell off. No one seemed bothered by it at all.

I wouldn't worry too much about it, and I wouldn't start planning your day around feeds.....that sounds way too stressful.

Alabama
Level Contributor
703 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nursing in the parks

Is the People Mover still open? That is a great little ride to nurse on!

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
15,045 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Nursing in the parks

I don't know how much the three year old would enjoy it but the Hall of Presidents in the Magic Kingdom is wonderful. The American Adventure in Epcot is pretty good too!

Jennifer

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
21,339 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nursing in the parks

You cannot be asked to go elsewhere to feed your child-and I know many moms who have nursed thier babies at Disney and no one said a thing.There are places to be superdiscreet if that is your choice;the Hall of Presidents is dark and fairly quiet and the show is long enough to nurse comfortably.I wouldn't recommend Splash Mountain. The BCC are comfy but too inconvenient most of the time . Feed the baby when he's hungry-and feed the other one too when HE'S hungry-and don't worry about what other people think about it.

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
15,270 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nursing in the parks

Sea World has a very nice baby changing / nursing station that has a play area for the other little ones while you are nursing. Clean & nicely air conditioned. It's pretty central to the park. Most people use a cover up of some sort just to be polite. Most people are pretty understanding of the needs of a hungry child.

cheshire
Level Contributor
223 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nursing in the parks

We have just returned from Disney. There was a mom nursing her 2 year old on the Jungle Cruise ride. You could see everything but no one bothered or say anything to her.

9. Re: Nursing in the parks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 March 2010, 05:21