We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Food & Wine Festival Eat to the Beat

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
aberdeen scotland
Level Contributor
401 posts
144 reviews
Save Topic
Food & Wine Festival Eat to the Beat

The Food & Wine Festiaval will be on while we are in Orlando, does anyone know can you just turn up to see the performers?

It says that Kool & the Gang and Sister Sledge will be performing at the America Garden Theatre, I would love to see either of them but not sure how to go about it.

Has any of you been to the Festival in previous years? Does Epcot get very crowded at this time?

Elaine

South Wales
Level Contributor
222 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Food & Wine Festival Eat to the Beat

Sorry i'm no help to your question as I know nothing about this. Just wondering what date this is on as my husband would love this.

Regards

Roxy

Orlando
Level Contributor
9,706 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Food & Wine Festival Eat to the Beat

They have the concerts at the American Pavilion. I believe you have to wait in line prior to the concert if you want an actual seat.

I never do. If you watch from just outside the pavilion, you can hear the band just fine.

The sets are generally very short (20-30 minutes).

Epcot can get very busy on the weekends when the locals go out for the Food and Wine festival.

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
15,007 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Food & Wine Festival Eat to the Beat

Here's the Eat to the Beat schedule:

allears.net/tp/ep/fw09/fw09_concerts.htm

We usually line up around 20-30 minutes ahead. It can get crowded, especially on the weekends. The concerts and lines for the food tastings are usually much less crowded during the work week.

Jennifer

Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
5,806 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Food & Wine Festival Eat to the Beat

Besides Epcot admission, the actual show is free at the American Gardens. If you don't get a seat, you can still watch pretty well from the back, outside the theater. I don't usually watch the whole show, just some of it as I'm passing through.

aberdeen scotland
Level Contributor
401 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Food & Wine Festival Eat to the Beat

Hi folks, thanks for the info will give it a go, both artists I want to see are on days during the week so may not be too crowded.

Roxy its 25 sept to 8 Nov

E:)

annapolis md
Level Contributor
106 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Food & Wine Festival Eat to the Beat

Hello, have been many times and we are due down on the 24th of October.The best way to see it is to stand out side of the seating area, when it ends you are not caught in the fray of people coming out and going to the next preformace ( you can get ahead of them to the next show and/or drink /snack. The food, drink and shows are wonderful and very easy on ones pocket.You can also go to Disboards on line and get some more info.Hope you have a lovely holiday.

Regards , Jenn V.

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,129 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Food & Wine Festival Eat to the Beat

Perhaps I'm in the minority here, but if there is someone you like who is coincidentally there when you are, by all means make the effort to get a seat. It's included with admission to the park. It is true and good for people to know that you can still hear by standing in the back...but there are also several performances a day so no excuses for not getting a seat if you want one. Except for the very popular artists it's not particularly difficult to get one by showing up just a bit early and standing in the line (you want the one that starts on the Italy side of America). We have been many times were you can walk right in without a line. Other times, like the Beach Boys, forget it - you have to get there early for any chance of a seat. We're not talking a 25,000 seat outdoor amphitheater. The small crowd at the end is easy to manage if you want to see the show. And, although it is small, the difference between sitting inside and standing outside is remarkable. If you've never taken the time to go in, you'd be surprised. No problems taking your food and drink with you. Enjoy. This is a great event.

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
32,303 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Food & Wine Festival Eat to the Beat

Getting a seat is usually not hard and since they preform several times a day you have a great chance of getting a seat if you want one. Last year, we didn't even have to wait in line as there were not that many people waiting to see the show. It really depends on the artists as to how long the line may be. If there is a line, once they open it you get in quickly. The theatre is large and holds a lot of people. As mentioned, you can always stand behind the last row of seat and watch and hear just fine.

Donna

yorkshire
Level Contributor
313 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Food & Wine Festival Eat to the Beat

A few years ago I was lucky to see the Four Tops, we were there 30 minutes before and it was empty but it did fill up quite quickly. Sat on the front row and was given the mike for a few seconds, I actually sang with the Four Tops!!! Wonderful.

10. Re: Food & Wine Festival Eat to the Beat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 March 2010, 06:17