We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yes Car Hire

SHEFFIELD
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Yes Car Hire

Hi everyone

Yes Car Hire is a UK company that offers car hire in many countries. In the US they use Alamo for their cars. You are sent a voucher by Yes Car Hire and this is presented to Alamo on arrival at your destination airport.

We have used this company for a few years now when travelling to Florida and have had no problems.

However, another family member has just tried to hire a car with them for next May and has had a strange email back saying that they cannot supply them with a car and suggests they try another supplier! I have just tried to access their website and it appears to be down!!!

Has anyone heard if they might have ceased trading?

I know many people in the UK use this company to book rental cars and my concern is that if they are no longer trading, there may be a lot of very disappointed people, if when they arrive at their destination, there is no car available for them!

Many thanks.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
890 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Yes Car Hire

When I just tried their web site it says they are updating it and hopefully the technical problem will be resolved in the next few days. Probably be good idea for anyone that has a car reservation with them to give them a call, could only be a web issue!!!

Cherry

Hamilton, Scotland
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Yes Car Hire

My daughter and son-in-law are in Las Vegas just now and when (25th Sept) they presented their Yes Car voucher at San Francisco Union Square Alamo office it was refused because "Yes Car has gone bust". They were then charged full rack rate for their car. I have been trying to get information from Yes Car but the 2 phone numbers I have just ring out and as you say the web sites "are being updated". Alamo customer help in USA are unwilling to say anything about Yes Car and cannot help. It doesn't look good for Yes Car customers but I cannot find any confirmed details on Yes Car's solvency.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,345 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Yes Car Hire

It certainly looks like they have gone.On a Google search for YesC/H, USrentacar are offering to help clients of Yescarhire with a new booking. Looks ominous

my own little world
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Yes Car Hire

I too recently booked with yes car hire then a few days later started hearing things about hire companies not honouring the vouchers sent out. As the above comments say, cannot find any info about them going out of business but when google searched the other companies are saying things like "been let down by yes car hire ? let us help" which doesn't look good.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Yes Car Hire

I too think that they have one bust. I have family which arrived in Florida on Friday with their voucher, to be told by Alamo that Yes Car Hire had not paid the invoices, and therefore they would not release the car. After hours of messing in the airport with an 1 month old baby, they got a taxi t thei hotel. Other members ofhe family were following on Saturday, and we have had to book another mini-van, which they have picked up from Dollar at the airport. The Alamo representitive was great with my family, including those at Manchester Airport who did try to get hold of Yes Car Hire on behalf of my family to help resolve the issue.

I have been trying the 2 telephone numbers I have for Yes Car Hire since Friday 25th September, and have had no luck. However, a member of my family did get through to them on Saturday 26th, to be told they would 'call back'......needless to say, we are still waiting.

The car for collection in Florida had been paid in full and therefore my family are now out of pocket by this, as well as taxi fares.

We have used Yes Car Hire numerous times in the past, and have never had any problems, either with the voucher, or trying to contact te company, so I definitely think thay have 'gone bust'.

I don't know where else to go over this for advice. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know...

Thanks

Jenny

my own little world
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Yes Car Hire

I sent an email to another car hire company about this and got this reply

Thank you for your email. Unfortunately we cannot confirm details as to whether or not Yes Car Hire have ceased trading. However we can confirm that several of their customers have recently contacted us advising of problems they have experienced whilst trying to collect their vehicle via Yes Car Hire.

looking worse by the minute

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
890 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Yes Car Hire

Oh dear, feel sorry for people who have booked and paid for upcoming car hire.

Cherry

SHEFFIELD
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Yes Car Hire

Looks like my feelings were right then.

I am sorry that I had to be the bearer of bad news but felt that if there was a problem then people needed to know.

We too have a car booked through them for November and our friends for October and December!! Do you think people will be covered if they paid in advance with a credit card?

Cheshire, England
Level Contributor
3,196 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Yes Car Hire

If you pay using a credit card, the Consumer Credit Act 1974 gives you protection if a company goes bust.

I sincerely hope that everyone who's booked with Yescar get reimbursed, if their failure is confirmed.

Brittany France
8 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Yes Car Hire

We have a car reserved with a yescarhire voucher from Alamo in Orlando. We are arriving on Monday 5th October and as we had recieved an e-mail from yescar saying that people had had problems I contacted Alamo customer services to see if my voucher would be honoured.

Today we got a reply saying that my voucher would not be refused.Should I keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best or what.