We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

not sure if this is the right forum for this question

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
100 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
not sure if this is the right forum for this question

We are going on our honeymoon in November and are staying in Orlando, but also would like to find a nice beach city to visit for a night or two. Does Florida have any beaches with that blue/green looking water?

Denmark
Level Contributor
12,304 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: not sure if this is the right forum for this question

Sounds lovely doing a honeymoon in florida it is very beautiful in Clearwater area, we stayed last year at the Marriots at Clearwater sand Key beach very beautiful area, but there are probably a lot of other places aroud that might be more romantic :-)

Good luck

Mutter

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
100 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: not sure if this is the right forum for this question

We are staying in Clearwater for 2 nights also, but I really want to see a beach with that green colored water, like you see in postcards.

Charlotte, North...
Destination Expert
for North Carolina
Level Contributor
2,965 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: not sure if this is the right forum for this question

The most beautiful blue/green "Caribbean" colored water is found in the Florida Keys; there are some very romantic places to stay in the Keys, too. The Keys would be my top choice.

Miami Beach water is pretty too, with waves. If you enjoy nightlife this would be the place.

(the Keys and the west coast gulf beaches have very little if any wave action)

The Florida gulf coast beaches have some pretty blue/green water and have pretty white sand. If I were choosing a romantic beach on the gulf coast of Florida, I'd pick Anna Maria Island.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
47,914 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: not sure if this is the right forum for this question

Most tropical will be down in the keys, 5+ hours by car.

But good blue/green waters to be found on the barrier islands south of Tampa such as, Anna Maria, Siesta Cay, Manasota cay. And particularly Gasparilla Island where the sea grapes flourish as they do in the caribbean and Bahamas. Only 2.5 hours or so from Disney area.

Further south, you will find what you seek in Marco Island on the west coast as well as Miami Key Bisanye on the east coast. 4 hours or so.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
100 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: not sure if this is the right forum for this question

In doing a little research I found that they say the beaches on the pan handle have the turquoise color waters. Is this true? Are they anymore turquoise than some of the places mentioned, like Anna Maria?

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
682 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: not sure if this is the right forum for this question

Wisconsin, we're also from WI so I envy you spending some time in FL in November! You know what it will be like up here. Anyway, we have found that the beaches in the FL panhandle are some of the most beautiful in the world. We spend every Easter in Destin or Panama City and never regret it. The beaches are sand white and the water is incredible. The problem with November is that the weather can be "iffy". It could be beautiful or it could be cold. You'll have better luck as you go further south, but you will NOT find the beaches like they are in the panhandle. It's also a long drive from Orlando.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
47,914 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: not sure if this is the right forum for this question

Panhandle is nice, but come November will be colder as the cold fronts will always get thru that far north.

anna Maria and gasparilla are nicer and better IMHO. For the panhandle brigade's opinion, go the the Panama City forum.

Doncaster, S Yorks
Level Contributor
10,270 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: not sure if this is the right forum for this question

Well you need to head to Siesta beach just a little south of Sarasota . Anna Maria Island or Fort de Sota.

Sarasota is probably the only city , Anna Maria Island small town/ village community. And no community at all on Fort de sota but Fab beaches, voted best in America

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
100 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: not sure if this is the right forum for this question

Thanks for all the help. Good point about the temp in the pan handle. I never thought of that and I def want it to be warm.

Charlotte, North...
Destination Expert
for North Carolina
Level Contributor
2,965 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: not sure if this is the right forum for this question

Is this what you're looking for? www.shutterfly.com/lightbox/view.sfly…

Picture taken off of the old 7 mile bridge in the Florida Keys; should be plenty warm there!