We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay?

Wigan
Level Contributor
169 posts
Save Topic
Where to stay?

Looking for recommendations on which area to stay. This will be our first stay to visit the parks etc in Orlando and would like to hear from regulars visitors on the best/most popular areas to stay ie Orlando, Kissimee, Davenport etc.

We intend to book a 4 bedroomed private villa, with pool. We have looked on rental sites, but it is difficult deciding on a particular area.

Do most people stay outside of Orlando, then hire a car and drive to the various parks or is it better to be in the Orlando area?

Janet

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay?

If you are renting a villa you will need a car, they are all quite a way out from the parks. A very popular area is along the 27 there are several comunities along there.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
48,228 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay?

The parks are not in Orlando, nor are the villas. You will need a car at all private pool villas, but can get away w/o one at some condos closer in.

When I drive from my place on the gulf I no longer tend to stay weeks, so usually get a hotel onsite at Universal if going there (free fastpasses) or a DTD hotel so I can wolk there for evenings.

The biggest determining factor which parks you want to go to. If Disney, I would stay in the Formosa Gardens area. Windsor Hills, Windsor Palms and Emerald Island are popular choices. These will work for Universal as well, but we could add others.

Wigan
Level Contributor
169 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay?

We will hire a car so don't need to be within walking distance to parks. We prefer to have the facilities of a villa with pool, so when we get back or if we are not going to the parks on a particular day we can just relax. It is more the areas I would like to know more about. Which are more popular, which are to be avoided and how long it takes to drive from each one to Orlando - or if there are private villas in Orlando.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
48,228 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay?

What exactly do you want to do In Orlando? There aren't any private pool villas there, Orange County doesn't allow short term rentals.

The nicest area is the one I told you about. 3miles from Disney property. There are other residential areas, some East and Some west of there. All of those will involve longer travel times.

Take a look at the map on the Orlando Questions link above on your right.

scotland
Level Contributor
221 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay?

I've stayed at Terra Verde and enjoyed the quietness which was a contrast to the parks. It is easy to access restaurants, parks and Walmart from here.

chicago
Level Contributor
112 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay?

Stayed at a place called the Caribe Royale(sp??). We had a two bedroom suite that we were pretty happy with. It's pretty hard to find a room that nice that doesnt cost an arm and a leg especially if you are not a time-share owner (which we are but this was a seperate trip). There are a ton of places in Celebration, Orlando, Kiss-a-me, etc. Best place to find out what they are like is right here on Trip Advisor, people here tell it like it is! Also have hears Terra Verde is nice.

7. Re: Where to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 May 2010, 05:16