We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip to Disney for Two Adults! Advice Needed.

4 posts
Save Topic
Trip to Disney for Two Adults! Advice Needed.

Hi everyone. I'm taking my husband to Disney in February for his 40th bday (no kids) before the schools get out for mid-winter recess. In researching tickets/parks, I was wondering if suggestions could be provided as to which parks to visit. I know we won't be able to see and do everything. I arleady have the hotel set up and we will be staying on the park grounds. Are there parks that are more geared towards adults than kids?

With all the different packages being offered, one day pass, hopper, fun pass, it's a bit overwhelming. This would a be a first trip to Disney for the both of us. Any advice is appreciated.

Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
3,225 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip to Disney for Two Adults! Advice Needed.

Magic Kingdom is a must for first timers

the most adult friendly is Epcot

Mentioned in this post
Magic Kingdom Park
Magic Kingdom Park
59,571 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
15,057 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip to Disney for Two Adults! Advice Needed.

How long will you be there? Do y'all like thrill rides?

Jennifer

Rockledge, Florida
Level Contributor
905 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip to Disney for Two Adults! Advice Needed.

I agree with ladyem. Since this is your first time, you have to go to the Magic Kingdom. It always holds a special place in my heart. Seeing the castle for the first time is wonderful.

Epcot is the most adult of the parks. You will have a great time.

Animal Kingdom is also wonderful, too , and it should be nice in February.

You will also like to probably spend an evening in Down Town Disney. It has nice restaurants and shopping.

Mentioned in this post
Magic Kingdom Park
Magic Kingdom Park
59,571 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Epcot
Epcot
24,703 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando
Level Contributor
4,542 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip to Disney for Two Adults! Advice Needed.

Each Disney Park takes a full day to enjoy, there are multiply day tickets to be purchased which saves a few dollars. A Hopper ticket would allow you to go from park to park in a single day, since this is your first time, stay with the base ticket, which is cheaper and allows you to visit one park each day.

Be very careful where you purchase your tickets, as there are many time share offers out there that would have you spending 2+ hours in hard sell sales presentation!!

4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip to Disney for Two Adults! Advice Needed.

Wow, thanks so much for the quick responses. Yes, we both love thrill rides, so that's definitely on our list. We'll be there for 6 days.

Now as far a tickets go, is it better to do a base ticket or hopper ticket or fast pass? I guess we're looking for most bang for the buck. In browsing some of the other postings on the forums, there are a few reputable places to purchase tickets, but if you also have additional suggestions or places to avoid, that's helpful as well.

Once again, thank you!

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
15,057 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip to Disney for Two Adults! Advice Needed.

FastPass is free at Disney. The park hopper option will run around $50/ticket, without it you'll need to stick with one park per day. Most first timers are usually fine with the basic ticket, especialy if money is an issue.

You didn't say when you'll be there but February 15 is President's Day. President's Day week is one of the busiest at WDW. In 2010 it will fall during Mardi Gras week which may increase the crowds a bit more. If you'll be there then it might be worth it to get the hopper. It can be added after you arrive if you find you want it.

If you're going prior to PDW the crowds should be manageable.

Happy planning!

Jennifer

Je

Charlotte, North...
Destination Expert
for North Carolina
Level Contributor
3,038 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip to Disney for Two Adults! Advice Needed.

My husband and I love all the Disney Parks. We always get "park hopper" passes, as we enjoy "hopping" back to parks we've already visited and doing some things over and over. We love "Fantasmic" at Disney Hollywood Studios and have been known to see that great nighttime show more than once during a trip. We also enjoy multiple nights at Epcot's World Showcase, and will often go there on nights after visiting another Disney park during the day with earlier closing hours. We also love the Spectromagic parade at Magic Kingdom but have found that most days which offer that nighttime parade are the most crowded of the week; many times we will spend the day at another Disney park and "hop" over to Magic Kingdom at night to see Spectromagic.

Disney is a great, fun vacation for adults. Friends of ours recently returned from an "adult only" Disney trip to celebrate her 50th birthday. They said Disney was more fun WITHOUT the kids!

Mentioned in this post
Fantasmic!
Fantasmic!
14,382 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Disney's Hollywood Studios
Disney's Hollywood...
24,887 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Magic Kingdom Park
Magic Kingdom Park
59,571 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
27,239 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip to Disney for Two Adults! Advice Needed.

You'll find that a 7 day pass is only a teeny bit more than a 4 day, so that's how I'd go. Do you belong to AAA? For example, a 4 day hopper is $282.21, while a 7 day hopper is $292.41. You then have ultimate flexibility, plus I think they still offer priority parking (not free, but right up front - but since you're staying on site you probably won't use that, just saying it's included).

And as far as which parks for adults? We like them all, Hollywood Studios LESS than the others - we can spend multiple days at Magic Kingdom (never gets old to us), Epcot, and we even spent two days at Animal Kingdom.

Mentioned in this post
Hollywood
Hollywood
Broward County, FL
Magic Kingdom Park
Magic Kingdom Park
59,571 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,171 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trip to Disney for Two Adults! Advice Needed.

My husband and I just returned from 4 nights at Disney (no kids). We spent 2 of the days golfing and gave ourselves 2 days at the parks (with park hoppers), because we've been a few times before. When planning, we didn't give ourselves much time at Hollywood Studios because we didn't think we'd do much here besides ride Tower of Terror. Boy, were we wrong! We watched the live stage show of Beauty and the Beast, rode TOT twice, rode Toy Story Mania and still had a list of other things we wanted to do but we had to leave as it was already mid-afternoon and we had to get to Magic Kingdom for the afternoon/evening.

For your first time, give each park a full day. Stay on property if you can (no need for a car, plus other extra perks).

Mentioned in this post
Hollywood
Hollywood
Broward County, FL
Magic Kingdom Park
Magic Kingdom Park
59,571 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Minneapolis
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
Level Contributor
4,297 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Trip to Disney for Two Adults! Advice Needed.

I love doing Disney with no kids.

We went x4 years in a row, before we were Disneyed out.

You'll be surprised how much you'll be able to see.

We made sure we were at each park before it opened, so we could get all the the big rides out of the way with before the lines piled up, then we'd hope to another park.

We saved Epcot for later in the day, and would do Magic & Animal Kingdom as they were opening.

Depending on how many days you are there, you might be able to spend one or 2 days at Universal & Islands too.

Get a hopper pass, and take advantage of the fast-passes.

Mentioned in this post
Epcot
Epcot
24,703 Reviews
Orlando, FL