We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Atlanta

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
uk
Level Contributor
728 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Air Atlanta

Hi

Has anyone flown with these before? We thought we were going ona bona fide Virgin flight but just found out we are not! Need to know if the seat pitch is good and also if the tv is in the back of the seats as I am short and usually end up not being able to see the tv screens!!!

thanks

Jan x

UK
Level Contributor
457 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Air Atlanta

The last I heard was that Air Atlanta are in financial difficulty-I'm fairly sure I heard they were approaching the early stages of bankrupcty-Just wish i could remember the programme this was on.

I thought that Virgin used Continental Airlines as their back up-I take it you must have booked via a different source and have been led to believe you were tarvelling with Virgin?

I know that many on here will vouch for the likes of TCD, My Travel etc-What I refer to as the cheap and cheerful bunch, but when you're travelling 1000's of miles my advice is, not to compromise too much, Virgin and/or BA for me as a personal choice even if means paying just that little extra.

liverpool
Level Contributor
912 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Air Atlanta

Hi there

we flew with air atlanta last year on their 747 to Sanford from Manchester I think it must have been the first junbo in service and first off the production line it was old there is definately no tv;s in the headrests but there where free drinks (not much use if you are the driver at the other end mind) but we got there safe and made up time on the way for delayed start and so arried on time staff where ok

hertfordshire
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Air Atlanta

went with them in september , old plane but safe and we had good service , and saved a small fortune compared to going with virgin last year

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Treasure Island, Orlando
Level Contributor
5,933 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Air Atlanta

i flew with air atlanta 2 weeks ago, everything seemed ok. they are not new planes but saved over 600 pounds ,,some people on here have been argueing that tcd are cheap,n,nasty,, that is there opinion,but i have flown twice a year with them and found no problens...if your budget is tight go no further than tcd ...

uk
Level Contributor
728 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Air Atlanta

Thank you all for the replies.

Only one of you mentioned no seat tv's!!!! Is this really so?

Have booked the holiday with Co-Op travel as a package and she booked the flight and accommodation seperately. She said that the flight was with Virgin for definate and in the confirmation we received yesterday it said - Flights between man/orl carrying a virgin atlantic flight code are operated by Air Atlanta.

I will phone the agent at 9am sharp and see if I can get any direct answers - thank you all - it is a long flight so we are aware of it but I was getting all giddy thinking we were going with Virgin as everyone says how good it is re seat pitch - travel pack tv screens etc - a bit of a dissappointment before we have even left really! Ce la Vie I guess.

Many thanks

Jan

Channel Islands
Level Contributor
1 post
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Air Atlanta

We flew Air Atlanta LGW Sanford in August, I had heared and read horror stories and nearly cancelled my holiday. We the flight was on time each way even with ATC delay in UK. In flight service was good food was airline cattle class quality. Seats okay pitch pritty standard NO in seat TV entertainment is POOR. However they get you to your destination and are cheap!! (Sometimes) I usally fly BA or Virgin but in August Virgin is over ������������������������������������������������������1000 pp JOKE!! the service they offer will never warrent that sort of money, I find that Virgin flights can and have been horrible with stressie over worked cabin crew.

747 was the spare not branded in white (newest in fleet) They are a lease company and fly planes for Direct Holidays and sometimes Virgin (as branded Aircraft).

Hope this helps

uk
Level Contributor
728 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Air Atlanta

Thank you - very much helped.

A shame that the flight isent going to be what I thought though - have to take plenty of reading material I guess - or a sleeping pill!!! lol

Many many thanks

Jan

middle england
Destination Expert
for Leicestershire, Norfolk
Level Contributor
3,471 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Air Atlanta

Regular travellers now carry portable DVD players and a good selection of films.You get what you want to watch at a time to suit you. For under £100 you might like to consider one if you are that concerned about in flight entertainment.

uk
Level Contributor
728 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Air Atlanta

Hi again

Just been on the telephone with Co - Op travel and they got in touch with Premier Holidays and Virgin.

Apparantly we will have seat back tv's and all the usual Virgin perks - this remains to be seen, we live in hope!!!

I will tell you all about it on our return - good or bad!!!

All cross your fingers for us please!!!!

Jan

bedfordshire uk
Level Contributor
193 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Air Atlanta

Hi Brits

We also went with these guys in August.

On time both ways, food was good and the service was very good, drinks, three films etc.

We didn't have tv's in the seats, but we knew this when we booked, the screens in each cabin were fine. Leg room was the best I have had.

Saved a heap compared to others.

Not sure what you mean by bona fide Virgin !! I have heard of some howlers with these guys also.

Have fun and remember your holiday is not spent on the plane !!