We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Will a PSP Go bought in USA work in the UK??

England
Level Contributor
318 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Will a PSP Go bought in USA work in the UK??

Just arrived in Florida and my son is keen to rush out and buy a PSP Go.

Can anyone tell me if he will be able to use this and download new games etc once we get back to England??

Thanks

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
21,874 posts
1,920 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Will a PSP Go bought in USA work in the UK??

PSP Go will have downloadable games only, so yes. If you buy the older version that had UMD games, they would work as they are not region locked.

You will need a shaving adaptor for the charger plug.

sunderland, uk
Level Contributor
1,026 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Will a PSP Go bought in USA work in the UK??

Yes you should be able to use it here as long as you get an adapter that you can use in the uk. Don't know about downloading games etc. I would look at the cost as sometimes you end up paying just as much there as here and also look at the warranty. We bought nintendo ds last year but you tend to find things that have been out a while tend to cost less in US.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
21,874 posts
1,920 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Will a PSP Go bought in USA work in the UK??

The PSP Go is certainly overpriced in the UK. I do suspect if you wait, the price will decline significantly both here and the USA.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,312 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Will a PSP Go bought in USA work in the UK??

Yes it will work, and if you already have the older PSP which still works plus 3 games, go to Gamestop in the Florida Mall, because if you trade it in with the 3 games, they will give you $100 off the retail price, so you would get it for $150. My hubby was tempted to do it, but was put off because you cant use the UMD games in it

England
Level Contributor
318 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Will a PSP Go bought in USA work in the UK??

Thanks everyone - really helpful answers.

6. Re: Will a PSP Go bought in USA work in the UK??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 April 2010, 06:18