We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How busy will Universal be Jan1 to 4th?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cardiff
Level Contributor
315 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
How busy will Universal be Jan1 to 4th?

I know the kids are out of school but how busy will it be? Really manic like in the height of summer or a bit quieter? Do you recommend the Fast Pass 'cause that works out quite expensive per day?

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando
Level Contributor
4,078 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: How busy will Universal be Jan1 to 4th?

You will see crowds. If you hate waiting in line to get on the rides, I would suggest you splurge for the Fast Pass. It might be as busy as the summer, but of course with out the heat, but it's hard to tell.

Depending on what type of ticket you get, you are able to get a Fast Pass for both parks ( Universal & Islands of Adventure) for one day. This way you can go thru both parks and do all the rides in one day, and if you have a mulit-day ticket, you can use the other days to go back to the rides you really liked or see the shows you might have missed.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
39,084 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How busy will Universal be Jan1 to 4th?

Crowds from the holidays won't really diminsh until Jan. 4th.

pa
Level Contributor
53,812 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: How busy will Universal be Jan1 to 4th?

I recomend Buying the

"Express Pass"

( Fast Pass is at DIsney and it's Free )

uk
Level Contributor
1,271 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How busy will Universal be Jan1 to 4th?

It usually depends on how cold it gets, When it is below zero the parks empty quite quickly, one year on the evening of the 2nd we were able to stay on the rides and not have to get back off to reque- but it was -2 oC. By night time most of the people we bumped into were not from florida, most brits and canadians and a few northern US states. The workers thought we were all mad, esp those of us still doing the popeye rapids ride (we had dry clothes to change into so just rode 5 times then got out and did a full outfit change)- I would recomend this if the weather is near/below freezing, for both ripshaw and for rapids in AK (but you do not get a wet in that)

Celle, Germany
Level Contributor
4,584 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How busy will Universal be Jan1 to 4th?

We dont normaly take a change of clothes with us, but I think we will when we do the parks this time!

Being hardy Brits, we just dont seem to care about getting wet! Fingers crossed though they will have absolulty fantastic wheather!

6. Re: How busy will Universal be Jan1 to 4th?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 April 2010, 05:17