We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

School holidays Nov 9-13th?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hammonds Plains
Level Contributor
67 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
School holidays Nov 9-13th?

Hi, can anyone tell me if kids have a day or more off school the week of Nov 9th? Thx

Alabama
Level Contributor
703 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: School holidays Nov 9-13th?

My school system has Wed. Nov.11th off for Veteran's Day.

Brandon, Canada
Level Contributor
2,232 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: School holidays Nov 9-13th?

November 5th to 7th is showing as "Jersey Week".

Thisis the definition for Jersey Week and it's ramifications off of mousesavers.com

Quote "Jersey Week" - Usually the first or second week of November. The New Jersey schools have a teachers' convention (2009 dates: November 5-6), which is often close to Veterans Day. Lots of people take advantage of this time off to pull their kids out of school for the whole week and add on the weekend before and/or after, taking this opportunity to go to Disney World in the "off season." New Jersey is the single biggest market for Walt Disney World -- you do the math! EndQuote

pa
Level Contributor
53,812 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: School holidays Nov 9-13th?

The Good News is that New Jersey is a Small State and not everyone shows up at Disney

I have been that week, last year being the most recent. Crowd Levels were not that high, we managed quite well and wait times were not crazy, IMO.

Get to the Parks early and use the Fast Pass System for the most Popular Rides and you can have a great time

Beginning of November is Nothing compared to Christmas week, the week before and after Easter and the entire month of July

Hammonds Plains
Level Contributor
67 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: School holidays Nov 9-13th?

Thanks everyone. I am a little confused about the Jersey week references... this seems to be before I am planning to be there... if Jersey week is Nov 5-6, it's likely people will tack on the weekend of 7-8, but be gone home that same weekend? Does this sound right? We fly in on Nov 7th, but won't be at our first part untl Sun the 8th, which we think will be AK, as it seems to show this as the best one to visit on a Sunday. Any advice or info that you can offer is greatly appreciated. Thx.

5. Re: School holidays Nov 9-13th?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 April 2010, 05:19