We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

new passport after booking flights , what happens then ?

Denmark
Level Contributor
12,304 posts
116 reviews
Save Topic
new passport after booking flights , what happens then ?

We 5 people all ready to book as soon as the tickets for next years

for the time we want to go comes out.

Problem or is it a problem ?

Youngest daughters passport is going out next july so we need her to get a new one.

If we book the flights in a couple of weeks all five of course, what will happen if we need to change her pass port numbers after booking ?

Is it possible to do this ?

To book now, then change the passport numbers not her name or anything in say 5 months time ?

Mutter

Special Offer
Kennedy Space Center Day Trip with...
476 reviews
from US$54.99*
US$59.00
Kennedy Space Center and Everglades...
188 reviews
from US$128.99*
Crystal River Manatee Snorkeling and...
130 reviews
from US$118.99*
Special Offer
Coca-Cola Orlando Eye, Madame...
14 reviews
from US$51.99*
US$87.87
Celle, Germany
Level Contributor
4,584 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: new passport after booking flights , what happens then ?

Mutter

That should not be a problem, you can always let the travel agents know that your one of the passports will be re-newed and you can give them the details as soon as you have them!

And the Esta can be done as soon as you get the passport!

england
Level Contributor
4,901 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: new passport after booking flights , what happens then ?

Do they ask you for passport numbers when you book?? Ive never been asked for them before!

However I would just mention it when you book that you will have to apply for a new one before you go.

Denmark
Level Contributor
12,304 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: new passport after booking flights , what happens then ?

Good Question travel bug, its because I found this great flights prices this evening it was a month to early to leave, but I said to husbond that if it like that the airflight has this tickets very cheap maybe only 10 in each flight we have to book them so we have to follow the page every day from now.

this was with Continental and when I booked them last year I had to fill out every thing before I booked with continetal so I expect it to be the same this time. When I booked with another company for the September trip this year we did not fill out that at all, so not sure why I had/have to fill it out with continental, but maybe this was last year and that things has changed after the esta things started ?

Mutter

PMP
Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,312 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: new passport after booking flights , what happens then ?

If your passport expires shortly, so will your ESTA. (ESTA's only last two years or earlier if your passport expires before the two years) You will have to re-apply for the ESTA once you have the new passport number. If your airline requires advanced passenger information, they will also need the new passport number prior to flying.

Bettystown, Ireland
Level Contributor
823 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: new passport after booking flights , what happens then ?

hi mutter i booked our continental flights for december back in february. a few months later i realised dd's passport does not have 6 months validity from our return date so i had to get her a new one during the summer. when i received it, i did the esta's. i have never had to give passport numbers when booking flights, only when checking in online

england
Level Contributor
4,901 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: new passport after booking flights , what happens then ?

I have only ever flown with virgin and they have never asked for any passport details until you get to the airport.

Strange though..I surpose different rules for different airlines.

Denmark
Level Contributor
12,304 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: new passport after booking flights , what happens then ?

this has nothing to do with the esta, my youngest daughter is not cleared for that at all, not are my husbond or my son.

however my oldest daugher and me are cleared and our passport last forever .

Tinkershell when You booked the flights did You book them online with continetal ?

Mutter

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
7,947 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: new passport after booking flights , what happens then ?

Could you not renew the passport early?

Denmark
Level Contributor
12,304 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: new passport after booking flights , what happens then ?

Hi Prospect

No, we cant because the passport for childrens has different rules they changes in their faces in time and she is the only one that need a new one and since we are Norwegians we all have to be there there when applie for a new on so we have to take a day of work and find all the paperwork from when we got married, births certificates, christning You name it, they need to go to the doctor to get their heigh and weight so its accurate for the time and travel its a bit messy and since its nearly a year before travel we would only get two new years from now, and then we sort of loos nearly the year she has left, I will call continetal tomorrow and ask about the policy about this its just a number that should be easy to fix, don´t You think ?

Mutter

uk
Level Contributor
1,295 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: new passport after booking flights , what happens then ?

can I check the 6months from return that a previous poster mentioned, We return the 6th jan and our passports run out 15th may - thus only 5 months- I thought the the uk passengers did not need 6 months on passport for USA- due to an agreement between certain countries of whcih both the USA and UK signed up to. You have got me worried now- can anyone confirm this who has flown (and returned) without issue with less than 6 months on their passport. help please!!!