We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One day, one park--WHICH???

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
12,992 posts
301 reviews
Save Topic
One day, one park--WHICH???

My husband and I have one day in Orlando at the end of a business trip. We'll be at Championsgate. We have been to DisneyLand in CA a few times long ago, also to Disney World and Epcot once in the mid-80s.

So, which park to go to??? We like live animals, movies, some rides but are not the roller coaster riders of our youths :-)

Also, suggestion for dinner the night of the park day?

Thanks.

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
53,250 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One day, one park--WHICH???

If I had only I day, it would have to be the Studios or Epcot. Studios has the Great Movie ride, the Indiana Jones show, ( would you go on Tower of Terror? Not a coaster, just a lift drop, so just up and down) New Toy Story ride, Muppet Vision 3D, Backlot Tour, and I believe a short Beauty and the Beast show. Also Fantasmic show at night on certain days. Plus a daytime parade.( Stars and Cars I think).

Epcot has rides, then the World Showcase to go round, followed by Illuminations show on the lake and fireworks after. I love Soarin' ride, not a coaster, a smooth simulator ride of hangliding over California. Amazing. Test Track is fun, ( sit in a car, like crash dummies). Universe of Energy is good, Spaceship Earth, Living Seas, Living with the Land ( boat ride through greenhouses etc, educational).

Some of the Countries in World Showcase have rides, shows or 360 cinema films.

Restaurants in World Showcase generally need to be booked in advance, especially with the free dining offers, as they are very popular.

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando
Level Contributor
4,080 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: One day, one park--WHICH???

Greetings from Orlando!

I would suggest going to SeaWorld, they have some great interactive shows with the animals, very intresting animal exhibits, also some rides that are low impact like Manta (no crazy steep drops). They also offer some behind the scenes tours as well.

Celle, Germany
Level Contributor
4,584 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One day, one park--WHICH???

Me personnaly, it would have to be Universal Studios and IOA as you can do both in a day! Failing that I would go to Seaworld, brilliant place! Love all three of those so would not be disapointed with any one of them!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
906 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One day, one park--WHICH???

Seaworld is probably my favourite park - loads to do but also very chilled out and not much queuing required..

My next choice, for one day only, would be DHS...

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
926 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: One day, one park--WHICH???

I would go for universal and IOA, if its not too busy you can easily do both in one day. Loads of rides, great theming and really nice parks.

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
1,410 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: One day, one park--WHICH???

If you are not into coasters then Universal and IOA may not be for you. I would choose Epcot. There are lots of different rides that are not coasters as listed by another poster and lots of choices to eat with a great firework show each night.

Here are a few websites to check out.

wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/…ep-overview.htm

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/parks/epcot/

When are you going? If I were you, I woudl book the dinner reservations in advacne depending on the time of year you are going.

Wales
Level Contributor
1,546 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: One day, one park--WHICH???

My Choice would be Universal.

chicago
Level Contributor
112 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: One day, one park--WHICH???

One day one park? One day then I die? One day left on Earth then the Mother Ship comes? Easy, Universal Studios! So, so much fun.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
608 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: One day, one park--WHICH???

Would have to be Hollywood Studios!

Vero Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Vero Beach
Level Contributor
8,239 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: One day, one park--WHICH???

Disney's animal park is the newest of the bunch and has the most inventive landscaping. Disney is quite serious about bringing unusual plants into its parks (e.g., they're a very important customer for an outstanding cycad nursery).

Epcot looks very much as it did in the 1980s, except the boring rides have been weeded out and replaced with interesting ones.

If you haven't been to one of the Seaworld parks (they're also in San Antonio and San Diego), they'd be well worth the visit. Alternatively, if you can find an excuse to visit San Diego, the city's well worth your time, with its superlative zoo (where the botany is as good as the zoology) and Seaworld.