We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Plotting a day in the park alone - what would you do

Brandon, Canada
Level Contributor
2,232 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Plotting a day in the park alone - what would you do

I just know I will want to go back to the parks after leaving my step-daughter at the airport on Saturday, January 9th so I think I'm going to book a final night at a hotel and give in to the Disney addiction...

So, it has gotten me thinking - if you had a last day to spend alone in the parks, what would you do? Just wondering...and dreaming...

World of Disney
Disney Parks & Activities, Gift & Speciality Shops
Disney's Animal Kingdom
Nature & Wildlife Areas, Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Epcot
Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
Disney Parks & Activities, Gift & Speciality Shops
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,411 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Plotting a day in the park alone - what would you do

Well, just having come back from a solo trip, I think you have a marvelous plan. Take advantage of single rider lines, eat anywhere you like, people watch, shop, etc. The beauty of Disney alone is being spontaneous and doing whatever you want whenever you want.

Peoria, Illinois
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Plotting a day in the park alone - what would you do

Personally, I'd do Magic Kingdom. And go on all those rides you LOVE That most people really don't care for - ie Tea Party, or Snow Whites Wild Ride....I know in our family they are not fans of those, but those are still so much fun!!!!

And people watch on main street!

Mentioned in this post
Magic Kingdom Park
Magic Kingdom Park
59,006 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
15,056 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Plotting a day in the park alone - what would you do

I love going to Epcot when I'm alone. Then I can poke around in the World Showcase to my heart's content without any loved ones standing behind me sighing and shifting from one weary foot to the other ;-)

Jennifer

Mentioned in this post
Epcot
Epcot
24,390 Reviews
Orlando, FL
pa
Level Contributor
54,713 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Plotting a day in the park alone - what would you do

I have ventured off on my own a few times. Last year I had almost a whole afternoon to myself and spent it at Epcot. I planned a little tour of the World Showcase and enjoyed all the Bits of Entertainment that so many people miss as they hurry to a Ride or Movie or Restaurant

Off Kilter

British Invasion

Serveur Amusant

Mo' Rockin

Matsuriza

Fife & Drum Corps

Sergio

Dragon Actrobats

There are a few more as well. It was great afternoon, very relaxed :)

Mentioned in this post
Epcot
Epcot
24,390 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,525 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Plotting a day in the park alone - what would you do

do all the things your family wouldn't

Connecticut
Level Contributor
10,053 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Plotting a day in the park alone - what would you do

I would decide which things you would want to repeat or if you missed them with your family.

I did a bit of solo traveling in the mornings at AK, HS and MK. I was able to concentrate on the rides I wanted to do and got a lot done in a short time.

AK was Kali River Rapids and Dinosaur.

HS was TSM and the great movie ride.

MK was Buzz lightyear, stitch and Monsters inc laugh floor.

I was able to go to the park for a hour and get them done and then leave.

Mentioned in this post
Dinosaur
Dinosaur
155 Reviews
Orlando, FL
SW FL
Level Contributor
83 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Plotting a day in the park alone - what would you do

I would do Epcot by myself as I like to look in the WS and some of the people I am with are not interested in that country so they keep saying "are you done yet".

Find which park that appeals to you and do the things that you never seem to have time for.

Northborough...
Level Contributor
162 posts
253 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Plotting a day in the park alone - what would you do

I was in Orlando last May for a trade show. I had to arrive early on Saturday to set up our booth. Unfortunately (or fortunately for me), the truck with all of our materials broke down and wasn't going to be there for another day, so I went to the Magic Kingdom for the day by myself. My DH thought I was nuts, but I wasn't about to sit around a hotel and do nothing all day.

You'll meet people in lines and I'm sure some will strike up a conversation with you. An iPod is a great thing to bring with you. I was able to absolutely everything that I wanted to do, when I wanted to do it. I didn't have anyone's opinions to cater to or please, it was fantastic. You'll have a blast.

Because I went last minute, I didn't have any ADRs. As a person of 1, I wasn't able to get into any of the TS restaurants, but I didn't really try that hard either. I was content with a CS meal for dinner that night. If you do get an ADR, you might want to bring a book to read during dinner.

Mentioned in this post
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
Magic Kingdom Park
Magic Kingdom Park
59,006 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Boston
Level Contributor
1,672 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Plotting a day in the park alone - what would you do

tough one to answer.

I could spend a few hours on Main Street, but I could also walk around the world showcase a few times. I would probably go with epcot, this would allow me to jump over to the boardwalk.

england
Level Contributor
4,901 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Plotting a day in the park alone - what would you do

DO you know..I think i would take a wander around the different resorts taking all the detail in there. I have been to florida 6 times now and never set foot inside a disney resort (apart from going through them on the monorail!) because the family always want to head to the parks. I would also have a good nosy in the shops and restaurants. We will be staying onsite next month so will get to set foot in some resorts horray!