We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

California Grill Revolves??????

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
6,797 posts
205 reviews
Save Topic
California Grill Revolves??????

I called Disney a couple days ago to make dinner reservations at CG for our trip next year. I gave a preference for an MK view table and the CM said seating does not matter because the restaurant revolves. What?????????? We had a friendly disagreement about this but she was adamant. Admittedly, the last time I ate here was in 1974 when I was 7 (and it was something other than CG, but same location), but I do not remember that it revolved. I've checked three guidebooks and nothing mentions it revolving. Garden Grill revolves, and I wonder if she was confused between the two?

World of Disney
Disney Parks & Activities, Gift & Speciality Shops
Disney's Animal Kingdom
Nature & Wildlife Areas, Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Epcot
Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
Disney Parks & Activities, Gift & Speciality Shops
aberdeen scotland
Level Contributor
421 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: California Grill Revolves??????

Hi we had an excellent meal there 3 weeks ago, it didn't revolve!!

Not even after wine and cocktails!!

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
49,141 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: California Grill Revolves??????

I agree. You can't guarantee a MK view, but you can request one.

But if you book for during or just before/after the fireworks, and your table doens't have a view, you can walk onto the terrace and watch from there.

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
1,428 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: California Grill Revolves??????

Gee I hope it wasn't revolving when we were there this year or we totally missed it. LOL.

pa
Level Contributor
54,735 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: California Grill Revolves??????

Well, that all seems a bit odd. Perhaps the CM was New and or as you say, getting it mixed up with Garden Grill

The Restaurant does not revolve as far as I know

england
Level Contributor
4,901 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: California Grill Revolves??????

Better make sure she has reserved the right restaurant for you!

You are right, its the garden grill that revolves!

Minnesota
Level Contributor
110 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: California Grill Revolves??????

The Garden Grill at Epcot is the restaurant that revolves, so it sounds like you may have been given a reservation at the wrong restaurant. I remember the Garden Grill because my kids liked the fact that it revolved, and that was their first request when we go again this year at Christmas. You might want to call again to check your reservation.

Mentioned in this post
Epcot
Epcot
24,397 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
22,848 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: California Grill Revolves??????

The CM was wrong-the Garden Gril at Epcot revolves but the California Grill does not and never has. Even when they had a pseudo Broadway revue there and you kind of wanted the performers to revolve away(it wasn't very good). But the people who make Dining reservations are for the most part,not in Orlando or even in Florida and are known to make mistakes. When we have called for reservations,they often ask us about the restaurants and how much they would like to visit!Its always interesting to ask phone marketers where they are'the answers are often surprising

Mentioned in this post
Epcot
Epcot
24,397 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
Florida
Florida
United States
MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
6,797 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: California Grill Revolves??????

Thanks to everyone for the info and I will call to re-confirm the reservation now. LOL to the person who said that they don't recall it revolving, not even after a couple of drinks!

9. Re: California Grill Revolves??????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 May 2010, 06:18