We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5 people in a 1 bedroom that sleeps 4

New Brunswick
Level Contributor
76 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
5 people in a 1 bedroom that sleeps 4

Hey all,

Question for the experts here. My family and I are heading to Florida on Dec 4th and originally there was supposed to be 4 of us going (3 adults and a child). Just today we found out that another adult wants to come with us. I have a 1 bedroom that sleeps 4 at the Wyndham Cypress palms and I am wondering if it's a big deal to have 5 people in the room? Does anyone have any experience with this and can offer some advice?

pa
Level Contributor
54,382 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 5 people in a 1 bedroom that sleeps 4

There are Firecodes, that's why they have limits on the Number of People in a room

I would contact your Hotal directly

Is the child under the age of 3 ?

New Brunswick
Level Contributor
76 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 5 people in a 1 bedroom that sleeps 4

No she is 5

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
48,080 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 5 people in a 1 bedroom that sleeps 4

Many rooms that sllep 4 can have a rollaway added. Quite often there is a $10-$25 charge for this. I would ask the hotel, and get the 4th adult to pay this charge.

Otherwise, cancel the room and find one that will allow the rollaway. But don't try to sneak one it- it would be a shame if you got kicked out mis holiday.

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
21,341 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 5 people in a 1 bedroom that sleeps 4

Its not a big deal but call the hotel and let them know-there are Fire Code laws and they are taken seriously so if you don't register someone,you can be asked to leave. They may be able to provide you with a rollaway bed or cot or a larger unit at minimal cost

aberdeen scotland
Level Contributor
413 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 5 people in a 1 bedroom that sleeps 4

We had 4 in a bedroom for 5 at POR not very much room, wouldn't have liked to have squeezed 5 in it!

6. Re: 5 people in a 1 bedroom that sleeps 4

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 May 2010, 06:19