We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crazy I know, but will be at MK on New Year's Eve!

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
mandeville, la
Level Contributor
253 posts
175 reviews
Save Topic
Crazy I know, but will be at MK on New Year's Eve!

We've been many many times but never during the holidays. I know the lines will be long for everything, but we decided we might as well be in MK on NYE. It's my 6 year old niece's first time to Disney but my boys and I just went in July!

Any good advice for the parks during New Year week? We will probably go to MK, Epcot and Animal Kingdom but nothing set in stone.

Sadly, we will not get to eat at Cinderella's Castle unless someone cancels and we get lucky!

pa
Level Contributor
53,907 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Crazy I know, but will be at MK on New Year's Eve!

Since you already know it will be crazy, you'll be fine. Have a little plan and pace yourselves. It will be so festive and you'll get on rides ( make good use of the Fast Pass System ) and you'll find a fun place to eat ( keep checking everyday on-line for the Castle, people do cancel )

Check the Park Hours for the rest of the week ( are you there NYE and after ? If so, the crowds will drop off quite nicely ) www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/hours.htm and go to the park that has the longest hours each day, that will help you to enjoy to more. Check the Crowd Calander at www.touringplans.com It only shows the next 30 days for free so look again in a few weeks

It won't so Hot like it was in July, that's a good thing :)

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
3,414 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Crazy I know, but will be at MK on New Year's Eve!

You'll have a blast. We went there for New Year's Eve once, and Ioved it (Next closest thing to being in Times Square for New Years Eve and way warmer).

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
3,414 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Crazy I know, but will be at MK on New Year's Eve!

I've done Disney over many Christmas holidays. The one thing I do recommend is using touring plans (They help a great deal with lowering your time in lines -- I think they are amazing. I never go during a busy seaon without these anymore. You can get these for an investment of under $10 at the site www.touringplans.com. Or if you want the Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World (you can buy the book for about $30 at most book stores) access to the website and touring plans comes with this for free (We'll you've really already paid for it with you $30).

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
742 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Crazy I know, but will be at MK on New Year's Eve!

Don't worry, we can be mad together - we are doing the same for New Years :-)

Dickson, Tennessee
Level Contributor
889 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Crazy I know, but will be at MK on New Year's Eve!

We were there for the Millenium New Years Eve and it was totally slammed. I would suppose all NYE's are full capacity. I remember that MK filled to capacity and closed to new entrys by about 9:00 a.m. and reports of gridlocked traffic trying to get into WDW area. My point is that, assuming they still have the same protocal in place, you need to be at the park you want to celebrate midnight at early early that morning and get that day's special handstamp. During the Millenium celebration we received a special handstamp and that along with the regular admission tix allowed us to leave the park and return as much as we wanted to that day. We, luckly, had room @ Contemp so we just ran over for rope drop, got the hand stamp and returned to room to relax until later in the afternoon. Unless the economy has really slowed things down more than I think, I feel certain that the parks will fill to max on NYE at some point during the day. I suggest you inquire into the current admission policy for NYE and plan accordingly. Maybe someone else on here has been to more recent NYE and can give more guidance. DO NOT expect to walk into the park of your choice late on 12/31/09 without planning. Have fun!

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
742 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Crazy I know, but will be at MK on New Year's Eve!

That sounds really good - does anybody know if this still happens??

Bettystown, Ireland
Level Contributor
823 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Crazy I know, but will be at MK on New Year's Eve!

we were in epcot for nye 2006 and they did not have the handstamp option, if they did it would have been great as we were there from 9am with a 5 and 11 year old. it was a looooong day!

8. Re: Crazy I know, but will be at MK on New Year's Eve!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 May 2010, 05:19