We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi Ride from Downtown Disney to Universal

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wisconsin
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Topic
Taxi Ride from Downtown Disney to Universal

Anyone know an approximate amount for a taxi ride from Downtown Disney to Universal? Also, is it pretty easy to pick up a taxi from Universal? Thanks for any help.

pa
Level Contributor
53,716 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi Ride from Downtown Disney to Universal

About $30

www.mearstransportation.com

There is also a Mears Shuttle Bus

Very easy to grab a Taxi from Universal

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
52,762 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi Ride from Downtown Disney to Universal

We used taxis as have not hired a car so far. We found DTD to be very quiet in the mornings, so not sure how many taxis would be there. We caught one from our Disney hotel early, and they drop you off at the bottom of the steps up to Universal area. There are lots of taxis waiting here at the end of the day. We went back to DTD, then got the Disney bus from there to save some money.

partypa, do you have to book the Mears shuttle, is it just one bus there and back again, or do they run regularly ? Thanks.

aberdeen scotland
Level Contributor
397 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi Ride from Downtown Disney to Universal

Hi we used a few taxis in Oct from Disneys POR to various places. We were told at reception that it would cost $25 to Univeral, but it didn't cost any more than $20, that included a tip! DTD is nearer to Universal than POR so taxi should be cheaper. There were always plenty taxis waiting, make sure you get a yellow one.

We also had booked and paid for some Mears shuttle buses through Virgin, they cost $32 for a family of 4 to Univeral or Seawold. (Think this has gone up to $36).

But the taxis were cheaper and more convenient, so not sure what the incentive is with booking Mears?!

Cheers Elaine

Gloucester - UK
Level Contributor
203 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi Ride from Downtown Disney to Universal

Hi there,

I normally use Taxi's from POR to Universal but was woundering how the shuttle works and how to book it - can anyone give me any info>

Wilkogirl x

aberdeen scotland
Level Contributor
397 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi Ride from Downtown Disney to Universal

If you are phoning from POR there is a phone on the wall just left of reception, you just push the button that says mears shuttle on it, and book the shuttle for the following day, or the number is 407 423 5566.

We found the taxis to be cheaper and usually got Bell Services at POR to call one for us, usually came in 5mins.

Hope this helps.

Elaine

Gloucester - UK
Level Contributor
203 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi Ride from Downtown Disney to Universal

Hi ,

Thank you for explaining. What sort of cost is it and what sort of times do they run?

When I was at POR last year a taxi cost me $30.00 not too bad but may use the shuttle this time if it works out. xxx

WIlkogirl x

aberdeen scotland
Level Contributor
397 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi Ride from Downtown Disney to Universal

Think shuttle is $9 each, one way. ($36 for a family of 4)

They run ever hour.

Taxi no more than $25, so worked out cheaper for us, so depends how many is in your party.

Gloucester - UK
Level Contributor
203 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi Ride from Downtown Disney to Universal

Ah thanks a million - there are only two of us so might give it a go!

only 26 days now!

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
52,762 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxi Ride from Downtown Disney to Universal

Oh yes, you've reminded me. Mears are per person, so more expensive for us as well, and you can order a taxi for whatever time you like so more convenient all round. They always got us one quickly when we stayed at the All Stars, and only reputable ones.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
356 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Taxi Ride from Downtown Disney to Universal

Is there a particular reason you aren't getting the I trolley from the main junction at DTD?? It will work out far cheaper..although take longer!!