We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help me find the best deal on car rental Please!

Texas
Level Contributor
85 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Help me find the best deal on car rental Please!

I have been spending a lot of time looking for deals on car rentals. We have a group of 8 arriving at different times. I thought 2 cars would be the best deal so we could split up when wanting to do different things. The best deal I have found is a standard Suv for $225 a week through Budget and a mini van for $245 (mousesavers codes helped with these deals). There will probably be 6 of us on a few occasions (when we leave the husbands behind). It would be nice to fit in one car. I bought an entertainment book, but have not really found the coupons to be that great. I am sure someone else is doing this too. Any help would be appreciated. I am getting a headache!

Tanya

Minnesota
Level Contributor
110 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help me find the best deal on car rental Please!

Have you checked out Enterprise? I only need a small car and just for one day so they quoted me $39.95. I checked on them because if your hotel does not have car rental in the lobby, Enterprise will come and pick you up.

South Florida...
Level Contributor
1,016 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help me find the best deal on car rental Please!

Actually with the rising costs of car rentals I think you have found a bargain. You might try bidding on a car from www.priceline.com

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
20,963 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help me find the best deal on car rental Please!

I would go with Priceline. Our car for Thanksgiving cost us $15 a day through Priceline and all the other prices we got were a lot more than that.

Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
1,882 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help me find the best deal on car rental Please!

Have you tried any of the discount codes from Mousesavers? I've saved a quite a bit this way. See: http://www.mousesavers.com/rentalcar.html

Brandon, Canada
Level Contributor
2,232 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help me find the best deal on car rental Please!

I got a great deal through www.alamo.com - I think your two car idea might be a good one!

Milwaukee
Level Contributor
857 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help me find the best deal on car rental Please!

I got a car off of priceline for $31....which was about half what I could find even with a discount through everything else (Entertainment book...airline partner discounts....discount codes..) I'd use priceline again....especially if your dates and rest of trip are locked in.

7. Re: Help me find the best deal on car rental Please!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 May 2010, 05:19