We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Perhaps someone can tell me

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Doncaster, S Yorks
Level Contributor
10,270 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Perhaps someone can tell me

While in Orlando this last 2 weeks I have seen several ticket touts with a notice that reads like this.;-We buy used and unused tickets weather they have days left on them or not.

And even stood near to a woman in Lake Buena Vista outlets mall while she did the deal.

Now if park tickets have 14 day time use on them, A fingerprint record attached to them , and the persons name (dont know if this applies to Disney tickets that name is printed on ticket)

What use are they to those who buy them.

What the seller gets is irrelevant to me .

W

hat is happening to theses tickets And why aren't Disney / Busch Universal prosecuting theses people if this practice is illegal.

Are theses people giving duff tickets to time share recruits. Selling them on E Bay. or running other scams.

Or have they found a way to re program them.

I have bought tickets off some of thes people in the past when you could see how many days had been used and what was left on the ticket. But find it difficult to see how these touts get round present security measures.

Kentucky
Level Contributor
2,825 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Perhaps someone can tell me

Good question. I have wondered about that, too. Maybe someone will have an answer . . .

Celle, Germany
Level Contributor
4,584 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Perhaps someone can tell me

XR

We bought some when we first went in 2000, and they worked fine, but not bought them on any subsequent trips, as you say with the finger print and name thing we just wouldnt risk it!

When we went in Feb there were no where near as many people offering them, do you think they have found some sort of loophole!

We would never buy our tickets that way again, just dont want the embarassement of being turned away, and having to buy them all again!

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
12,988 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Perhaps someone can tell me

The phrase "One born every minute" springs to mind. Ebay and Craig's List are full of adverts for unused tickets. Most people wouldn't touch them with a bargepole. Seen people turned away at WDW trying to use obviously second hand tickets.

Sure, there may be a handful of genuine unexpiring tickets for sale but I'm willing to bet the majority are hookey

Pompey
Level Contributor
2,054 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Perhaps someone can tell me

Was waiting for the shuttle back to MCO in May when a guy drove into the QII and asked if we had any unused tickets for sale, needless to say we told him where to go.

He said that he owned a kiosk directly across I-Drive (so assume it's one outside Burger King or IHOP's) and always bought used tickets from tourists to re-sell.

Benidorm, Spain
Destination Expert
for Benidorm
Level Contributor
4,972 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Perhaps someone can tell me

There is one next to the Ponderosa in Kissimmee (the one near the Holiday Inn).

Each time we walked past they would ask us if we had or would we have any unused days on our tickets by the end of the holiday. It became a bit of a game, saying no all the time, but we built up a bit of rapport with them.

Anyway, eventually I asked them about the tickets that they buy, that they are linked to a name and fingerprint and did that not affect the resale of them.... their answer was "oh we don't worry about that, we have ways and means....."

Whatever that meant I don't know.

england
Level Contributor
4,901 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Perhaps someone can tell me

But even if there was a way round it why would they buy tickets with days left on them or not?? that part certainly doesnt make sense.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,932 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Perhaps someone can tell me

I wonder if a disclaimer they are not responsible after you buy them.

I remember seeing these years ago and it looks like a scam. Why would anyone trust them?

england
Level Contributor
4,901 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Perhaps someone can tell me

Just done a search on google..one website suggests that people who are looking to buy an annual pass should find someone who no longer needs their ticket as the value of that ticket will be discounted off the cost of the annual ticket.

It also says that if there are 3 or more days left on the ticket then taking them to disney and having the non-expiry option added could be cost effective for a profit.

Dont know though it doesnt seem that great a deal to me.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,932 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Perhaps someone can tell me

I thought in order to upgrade to a AP you had to have at least one more day on your ticket.

Ventnor City, New...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando
Level Contributor
4,145 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Perhaps someone can tell me

Macs,

A Magic Your Way ticket can be upgraded or added to even if all the entitlements have been totally exhausted. There is definitely no requirement that a ticket have something left on it in order for it to be upgraded.

Other rules and restrictions apply, of course. But if, for example, you buy a 6-day theme park ticket and use up all 6 days, you can still decide to upgrade it to an Annual Pass (within 14 days of your first use of that ticket) and you will get a $231 credit towards the purchase of the AP ($231 is the gate price of a 6-day base ticket). When you get that AP, however, the activation date of the AP will be the day you first used that original 6-day ticket, NOT the day you did the upgrade.