We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Christmas Decoration

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Virginia Beach, VA
Level Contributor
446 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Best Christmas Decoration

What areas (theme parks or otherwise) are the most beautifully decordated for the Christmas season?

pa
Level Contributor
54,002 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Christmas Decoration

For us, nothing beats the Decorations at Magic Kingdom

Best Christmas Display, the Osborne Lights at Disney's Hollywood Studios

I will bump up two Posts with Links to some wonderful Photos

denver, co
Level Contributor
1,148 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Christmas Decoration

Definitely the Magic Kingdom for me too!! Main Street is beautiful, and the castle lights are indescribable.

Also love the Osborne Lights. Last year when I was there, and they danced to Carol of the Bells... WOW!!

Charlotte, North...
Destination Expert
for North Carolina
Level Contributor
2,952 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Christmas Decoration

Love all the Disney Parks and Resorts at Christmas, but my absolute favorite Christmas decorations of all times and places is the Osborne Lights at Disney Hollywood Studios, especially when it's "snowing". Main Street and the castle at Magic Kingdom are a close second.

Pleasant View...
Level Contributor
3,578 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Christmas Decoration

The castle at Magic Kingdom is, as wdwfan says, indescribable.

Osborne Lights at Hollywood Studios are fun and beautiful. I could stand there for hours watching and listening.

Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, and the Grand Floridian have out-of-this-world Christmas trees. The Grand Floridian also has a life-sized gingerbread house in the lobby. If I could visit only one resort, it would be the Grand Floridian.

Alabama
Level Contributor
703 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Christmas Decoration

The OP reminds me of a question I had while at Epcot this past week. We rode Soarin 3x, and the part where you "soar" over the MK is beautifully decorated for Christmas. You swoop down main street, then rise again at the castle and see further into the park. Off to the right is tons and tons of dense Christmas lights seen from above and I cannot figure out what part of the park this is. My mind is trying to tell me it is the Toontown area, but there just seems like way too many Christmas lights for that. Does anyone know what I am talking about?

Nottingham
Level Contributor
1,495 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Christmas Decoration

Hi Cancun

On Soaring you "fly" over Disneyland in California. I think it may be Toontown in the distance, and I think it may be a bigger area than at Magic Kingdom. I have been, but it was a long time ago, and can't really remember.The only other thing I can think of, is if there is also a hotel behind the Park with lights - it is definitely a more compact area in California than Florida.

7. Re: Best Christmas Decoration

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 May 2010, 06:18