We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report Day 2 - Universal Studios

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hertfordshire
Level Contributor
232 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Trip Report Day 2 - Universal Studios

Saturday

=======

This was our first day proper in Orlando. Woke up early around 5am through a mixture of excitement and the differing timezones.

Had breakfast in the hotel, not a bad deal, kids eat free with every paying adult.

Every bit of advice I have read, be it on here or in guide books, is arrive at each park for opening and we stuck this principle for every day on holiday. Left the hotel at 8am and as soon as we left the air-conditioned building we were hit by a wall of heat.....I thought it was meant to be cooler in October! Did find out in subsequent days that this was the hottest October since 1981!

Arrived at Universal and exchanged Virgin vouchers for our Flex Tickets with no problems. First ride we all wanted to do was Jaws...I think it goes back to watching Judith Chalmers on Wish You Were Here, they always seemed to show this ride when doing a report on Orlando. Made our way round only to find it didn't open to 10am...doh! The nearest ride open was the Mummy so we all decided to ride this one first including my 6 year old daughter! Although it had it's scary moments we loved it and rode it straight away again.

Eventually got on Jaws and the kids loved it and as we sat at the front left of the boat we got wet which was a welcome relief in this heat.

Rode and saw everything else (apart from Rip Ride Rocket, kept breaking down) with best being The Simpsons, a very clever ride.

We really enjoyed this park and it wasn't busy which I hoped would be the barometer for the rest of the parks over the next two weeks.

In the evening we ate at the Hard Rock restaurant and again it wasn't busy so we were able to get a table straight away. The food was standard fare, but the highlight was the staff re-enacting Michael Jackson's Thriller.

Legs aching a little so off to bed early......tomorrow Blizzard Beach.

Yorkshire Dales...
Level Contributor
1,276 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report Day 2 - Universal Studios

great TR. we like to wander around Universal Studios and the Jaws ride is a must. Loved the Judith Chalmers thing - we all remember that and you are right it is always the ride they show on the television. Looking forward to the next instalment.

Celle, Germany
Level Contributor
4,584 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report Day 2 - Universal Studios

Great TR! Love this park one of my favorites!

I know what you mean about the excitement! Looking forward to the rest of your reports!

Wales
Level Contributor
1,546 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report Day 2 - Universal Studios

Glad you had a great day at US :-)

Denmark
Level Contributor
12,304 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Report Day 2 - Universal Studios

Nice triprep !

Mutter

Norn Ireland
Level Contributor
106 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Report Day 2 - Universal Studios

nice trip report, i'm starting to obsess about the arriving early part, keep running over combinations of early breakfast, duration of jouney, time from carpark to gates etc! bf is gonna freak out when he finds out he's getting a 6am wake up call every morning on holiday!

Hertfordshire
Level Contributor
232 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip Report Day 2 - Universal Studios

If there was one piece of advice it would be get there early and allow yourself plenty of thime to get there!

Panama
Level Contributor
1,501 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip Report Day 2 - Universal Studios

Great TR. Early arrival is the way to go! Back in September, I went to Universal and was probably one of the first ten people to enter the park. It was awesome!

Marquibiri

Wales
Level Contributor
1,546 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip Report Day 2 - Universal Studios

We were the first to ride E.T one time that was cool!

aberdeen scotland
Level Contributor
397 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trip Report Day 2 - Universal Studios

Hi Irishdancer it is good to get to the parks earlyish, but we didn't get to them till back of 10 and they were still pretty quiet, that was in Oct, it depends when you are going.

Getting to them way early makes the holiday too tiringII

Good report, we loved Universal and the Simpsons ride is the best.

IOA is fab too.

Cheers Elaine

10. Re: Trip Report Day 2 - Universal Studios

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 May 2010, 06:18